PDA

View Full Version : amador 2/12 tough but productive

Jfitalia
02-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Arrived at the lake at 7am with lines in the water by 715. The lake was looking great with fog and a little wind so I was optomistic even after the weird bite last week. With all the pressure this lake is getting, it is becoming harder to find a proven pattern (colors and speed). Our first hook up came around 745 when i stuck one on a pink worm 100ft back, the fish fought great and ended up being our biggest of the day at just under 4lbs. The next fish came on a green grub 90ft back just 30secs after i landed to first fish. At this point we thought it was gonna be a wide open bite but that just never happened. We ended up hooking a fish here and there on a variety of grubs and worms in about every different color. we got about one fish on each lure and that was it. We ended the day at 1pm with 7 landed and 3 bleeders kept. I am hoping once pardee opens a lot of the IDIOTS driving boats will go their or atleast I can get away from them at pardee. On 2 different occasions today i had some idiots run right across my lines and tangled me up. Lucky for me i was able to retrieve everything both times.
it seemed slow all over the lake with all boats I talked to having 0 or 1 fish. I would say 99% of all the boats were trolling way to fast (over 2mph). slow your troll to 1.3 to 1.7

what worked today
worms and grubs all different colors
setbacks 100-130ft
scent= bloody tuna, garlic, carp spit, anise/krill

sorry i only took 2 pics so i will try and get them up later

Fishhound1
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the great post. Glad you guys caught some fish. The wife and I went to Amador on Friday. We got skunked. I bought a drift sock to slow my boat down and it worked great and I noticed to that everyone there was trolling way faster than me. We fished grubs and worms with egg heads with cow bells and dodgers, BB's, Tas devils with no luck. I have a question about ridge a grub or worm, I dont know how to get it to go back and under a bit without putting split on it to weigh it down. It just seems to foat right on top without a dodger or something on it. Thanks

Jfitalia
02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the great post. Glad you guys caught some fish. The wife and I went to Amador on Friday. We got skunked. I bought a drift sock to slow my boat down and it worked great and I noticed to that everyone there was trolling way faster than me. We fished grubs and worms with egg heads with cow bells and dodgers, BB's, Tas devils with no luck. I have a question about ridge a grub or worm, I dont know how to get it to go back and under a bit without putting split on it to weigh it down. It just seems to foat right on top without a dodger or something on it. Thanks

I rig the grubs on a size 1 hook. with that hook and at least 60ft of line out they will sink just not that much. thru will go a few inches to maybe a foot down and that's perfect for amador. with the cowbells and flashers you were probably just to deep.

dilbeck
02-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Amador is definitely one fickle beast and it sounds like your boat was the hot rig. Job well done!

... when i stuck one on a pink worm ...
... on a variety of grubs and worms in about every different color ...
... worms and grubs all different colors ...
... scent= bloody tuna ...

I'm adept at rigging grubs but am highly interested in hearing how you rig your worms. I'm guessing we're not talking about your regular garden variety since you said pink. :) You've really got my mind running as how it might look but I'd like to hear your insights.

Also, where did you get your bloody tuna? I can't find it anywhere and don't really want to have to order directly from Pro-Cure.

Jfitalia
02-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Amador is definitely one fickle beast and it sounds like your boat was the hot rig. Job well done!

I'm adept at rigging grubs but am highly interested in hearing how you rig your worms. I'm guessing we're not talking about your regular garden variety since you said pink. :) You've really got my mind running as how it might look but I'd like to hear your insights.

Also, where did you get your bloody tuna? I can't find it anywhere and don't really want to have to order directly from Pro-Cure.

I bought the body tuna at the sports show this year. however I bought it for salmon and now am using it for trout so looks like I'll be ordering some as well.

pm has been sent to you in regards to rigging

Fishhound1
02-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info, I try the hooks next time. Thinking about doing a trip this saturday with the boy. Do you fish Pardee the same as Amador?? I have never fished ther but want to give it a shot also is it as expensive as Amador??

Jfitalia
02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the info, I try the hooks next time. Thinking about doing a trip this saturday with the boy. Do you fish Pardee the same as Amador?? I have never fished ther but want to give it a shot also is it as expensive as Amador??

yeah you can fish it the same way but I would ask kokemachine for pardee tips