PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 2/12/12

ott2fish
02-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Got on the water at 7:45 from the free launch at Capell Cove. Caught five beautiful trout with another three lost at the boat by 10am. Fished Spanish Flat area . Trolled at 1.7. All fish taken on the surface with Apex, gold KM or needle fish, but all with dodgers. Water temp 51. Then at 10am, it just shut off. No more fish jumping, no hits, no nada. At 1:30 it's time to pack it in. I troll about 100 yards from the old shut down Spanish Flat launch and we pick up two more in a three minute span. Same configuration. 7 on board, with the largest being 15 inches. It was cold but not unbearable. Fog burned off at 11 and it got darn near pleasant. Best part of the trip... My beautiful wife came along and she caught her first fish. She wants a pink rod and reel for Valentine's Day now. :). Anyway, off to Oregon next week for steelhead fishing. I hope to figure out how to post photos soon.

RideNfish
02-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Way to go! Good job on the fishing.

But then you tease us with fish and beautiful wife comments and NO PICS??!! What's with that?. :rotfl:

Cheers,

ott2fish
02-13-2012, 08:34 AM
@ Ride. My ametuer fishing status is matched only by my ignorance of computers, etc. How do I post photos from my iPhone to a thread?? Then I'd be happy to post photos of my fish. Photos of my wife is another story :) Thanks for all your posts I enjoy your stories greatly.

GuyBrown
02-13-2012, 09:51 AM
ottsfish:

Thanks for the report and details. Congrats on a good day.

I've posted some notes I use to post pictures below. Good luck!

Picture Posting using a PC

In order to post a picture they must first be hosted. There are many free host companies but we will use Image Shack for an easy free start up. Go to (http://WWW.ImageShack.US/)WWW.ImageShack.US (http://WWW.ImageShack.US/) and register. Now that you have an account that is accessible in your E-mail via a web link sent by Image Shack, open it up and you will see a Media Upload tab.

Click on it.

In the “Upload” field check the “images/videos” circle.

Click on the "Browse" button. Go to the directory where you saved your picture. Select the picture you want.

In the “Image resize” field use the drop down menu to select 320 x 240.

In the “Label thumb” field check the “No” circle.Remove size/resolution bar from thumbnail Check the box that says upload file.

Click "UPLOAD Now”.

If the “Add tags (optional)” screen comes up ignore it and click on “UPLOAD NOW” again.

It will take about 15 seconds to upload a single picture.

Now click on the “My Images” tab at the top of the page.

Cursor to the picture you wish to upload.

To the right of the picture click on the top circle with the “i”.

Click in the “Forums” box. This highlights the URL for your picture.

Right click your mouse and select “Copy”.

Go to your post and right click on your mouse and “Paste” the picture URL where you want it.

Add any additional pictures, as described above), finish your post.

Next to the “Submit New Post” tab select “Preview Post”. You should see your text and pictures. Make any changes required and click on “Submit New Post”.

Congratulations, your post now has pictures.