PDA

View Full Version : when does rockfish season start

garrett_s
03-20-2007, 03:19 PM
anybody know when it opens. thats the only saltwater fishing i do.

Fishbutt21
03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Here is a link to check regs in your area
you can never be too carefull

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mrd/bfregs2007.html

garrett_s
03-21-2007, 05:30 AM
thanks for the info

basil
03-26-2007, 11:35 AM
YaH, and even thought they open the season, it doesn't mean they'll let you fish for them anywhere. The talk is they are trying to make: Point Reyes, Faralons and Duxbury Reef no fish zones in a year or two.

red_dog
03-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Just be sure to read the new regulations here are some of them. *1) You cannot catch rockfish on any days that end in Y. * 2) You may only look at the rockfish you catch at an angle, looking at them straight on is now illegal. *3) The above rules can be avoided if you have a midget dressed as superman fishing on your boat while cooking waffles and tacos. 4) Pictures of your catch may only be taken at an angle and only at the rear of your boat.

catfished
03-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Just be sure to read the new regulations here are some of them. 1) You cannot catch rockfish on any days that end in Y. 2) You may only look at the rockfish you catch at an angle, looking at them straight on is now illegal. 3) The above rules can be avoided if you have a midget dressed as superman fishing on your boat while cooking waffles and tacos. 4) Pictures of your catch may only be taken at an angle and only at the rear of your boat.
I know you are joking/exaggerating to make a point but it's not that far fetched the way things are going. :(

Rock_Hopper
03-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Just be sure to read the new regulations here are some of them. *1) You cannot catch rockfish on any days that end in Y. * 2) You may only look at the rockfish you catch at an angle, looking at them straight on is now illegal. *3) The above rules can be avoided if you have a midget dressed as superman fishing on your boat while cooking waffles and tacos. 4) Pictures of your catch may only be taken at an angle and only at the rear of your boat.

Looks like midgets will be in high demand soon!

(God I hate myself for saying that!) :-X

rockbass
03-27-2007, 10:57 AM
There are a lot of out of work Ewoks since no more Star Wars movies.

sethonious
03-27-2007, 04:30 PM
3.1- waffle iron and taco fryer must be run from seperate circuits
3.1.1 waffle iron must be on the port side of the boat and taco fryer must be on the starboard
3.1.2- fried chicken on top of waffles are strictly prohibited
3.2 all waffles must be served with maple syrup, fruit syrups are prohibited
3.2.1 fruit syrups may be used when cabazone fishing, any other species on board and the fruit syrup must go overboard
3.2.1.1- be sure that you are at least 50 miles out to dump glass, fruit syrup and crockery from boat
3.3- all tacos must be hard shelled and contain beef or chicken (note beef and chicken cannot mix)
3.3.1- turkey, fish and lamb tacos are stricly prohibited
3.3.2-alligator tacos may be prepared on the 4th tuesday of the month
3.3.3- if a month has only three tuesdays alligator tacos may be prepared on the second monday of the month
3.4- superman costume cannot be made out of natural fibers, synthetic fibers only
3.4.1- any fading on the superman costume must be rectified in the presence of a lawyer, a judge, a priest and a rabbi with only DFG approved superman dye kits prior to offloading the days catch
3.5- the taco/waffle rule may be suspended on free fishing days provided that the crew of the boat will preform selected shakespeare plays (see appendix R for accepted plays) for a minimum audience of 17 people.

red_dog
03-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks sethonious for posting the actual regs!!! LOL

FishnRN
03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Are the moderators sleeping? Aren't they gonna correct "midgets" with the proper terminology- "Little People"? ;)

-Ben

Fish_R_Us
03-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Section 27.99 - 2007 CA Ocean Fishing Regulations states that Hobbits may be utilized in lieu of Little People, if you purchase and possess a Hobbit Substitution Stamp.

FishnRN
03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
"Hobbit Substitution Stamp"
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

-Ben

abdiver12
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
It sucks that they're thinking of closing the Farallones to rock fishing. Its all the result of years of unmitigated greed and overfishing. Not that long ago, the bag limit on rock fish there was unlimited! I read just the other day that half the fish you buy in the market now is farm raised because of depletion of wild stocks and that 60% of commercial seafood species have collapsed, meaning they've declined in catch by 90% or more. By 2050, 100% will have collapsed. Sad how bad things have gotten because of greed and waste. :'(

triggerfish
03-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Ab diver, as long as i could remember the limit was 15 rockfish,with 5 lings= 20 fish. There are people saying that rockfish,are in trouble. Its just a ploy to get us off of the water. I just heard that blue rockfish are the next "Troubled spicies" .Dont buy into all of that cr*p!