PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tabeaud

insearchoffish
02-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Im looking to head up to Tabeaud sometime in the next few weeks. I havent heard much about this lake, does anyone have any suggestions on what part of lake to fish and what tends to work well there. Is it big/deep enough to troll? I plan on bringing my kayak so I will be mobile. Thanks for any info:cop:

PapaGreg
02-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Im looking to head up to Tabeaud sometime in the next few weeks. I havent heard much about this lake, does anyone have any suggestions on what part of lake to fish and what tends to work well there. Is it big/deep enough to troll? I plan on bringing my kayak so I will be mobile. Thanks for any info:cop:

It's a small impoundment and the water level can fluctuate a lot, depending on how much pumping is going on.

If you're targeting browns, the inlet is the best place to try. Other than that, the usual trout bait, pb, eggs, lures, worms, will be best to try.

You won't have a problem with a kayak, I've seen float tubes there and you can easily cover the lake in a few hours, depending on your fishing style.

Good luck.

insearchoffish
02-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the tips, will post results when I make it up there. Was going today but went to lake amador instead.