PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle activity.. better go back here too !

trollingplate
02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Del Valle (Livermore)
The marina hours are 7:00am-5:00pm and park hours are 7:00am-6:00pm.
Trout anglers are pulling in their limits with some very nice size catches! The water temperature is 52 degrees. Power Bait colors in white, chartreuse, rainbow and spring green followed by Power Bait 3 Floating Trout Worms in white, chartreuse, pink shad, bubblegum, fluorescent orange, cheese or yellow/orange used with or without Power Bait Trout Attractant or Trout Dip in garlic or corn are favorites. Berkley Gulp 2.5 Trout Worms in white, chartreuse, bubble gum or fluorescent orange are popular too. Kastmasters and Rapalas seem to dominate in lures this week followed by nightcrawlers. TROUT
Matt Nola of San Jose caught five trout, the largest weighed 3 lbs., with the stringer weighing 12 lbs., 1 oz. using nightcrawlers, Power Bait with Power Worms near the East beach on 1/24/12. Tuvet Ngo of San Jose caught five trout; the stringer weighed 13 lbs., 9 oz. with the largest weighing 4 lbs., using Power Bait near the East Beach on 1/25/12.
Alan Richter of San Jose caught two trout, the largest weighing 3 lbs., 12 oz. using minnow baits in Swallow Bay on 1/25/12. Jeff Allen and Buster of Santa Cruz caught five trout; the stringer weighed 14 lbs., with the largest weighing 7 lbs., using Power Worms at the dam on 1/26/12. Ng. Acosta of San Jose caught three trout, the stringer weighed 13 lbs., 5 oz., the largest weighed 9 lbs., 5 oz. using white and yellow Power Bait near the East beach on 1/27/12. Ali Poursafar of San Francisco caught a 3 lb., 5 oz. trout on Power Bait with a trout worm near the East Beach on 1/27/12.
CRAPPIE
Eric Guerstad of Livermore caught seven crappie, the stringer weighed 10 lbs., 15 oz. using crappie jigs with crappie nibbles in the lower narrows on 1/24/12.

STRIPED BASS
Rick Beogo of Pleasanton caught a 19 lb., 5 oz. striper top water trolling in the narrows on 1/27/12

H-man
02-13-2012, 07:53 PM
uhhh... it's February 13th.

The park now opens at 6:00 am.

The bite was better in January...

trollingplate
02-13-2012, 07:56 PM
uhhh....

this was the latest report from EBRPD.

CRABBY
02-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Tp,quite a bit has changed since then an even at the time it was issued all reports here an other boards proved it somewhat misleading,for any given report like that it isn't hard to find 7 or 8 exceptions to the rule,for real, honest,truthful up to date fishing reports ck.the Sniffer or another reliable fishing web site DAILY....Don

RideNfish
02-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Take those reports with a grain of salt. Much better to read here or other places where it's actuall fisherman telling you what's up.

We need more of our existing members to post and not just read. Then we would really know what's going on in our geographical area. :0)

Cheers,

crestliner
02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
We ran my boat up to Del Valle Sunday to get it some run time since we are always using my buddies newer rig.
We were shocked at how low the lake was and how stained the water is.
A bit clearer near the dam.
We trolled for a few hours with no luck.
Talked to several people and it was pretty much dead.
A couple people using bait had 1 or 2, but overall very slow.

See ya......

dapainter
02-15-2012, 04:55 PM
need about a week for the water clear up.Thats if it doesn't rain again, but it poured pretty hard last night. Need nightcrawlers and some stank on'em after the rain.

miko733
02-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Was out 2/7 and 2/9. Fishing was slow. Caught 2 and 5 trout, 1 to 3 lbs. The boat next to us got their limit but they were DFG planter, small. Going out this week, hope the water is clear...

JwG
02-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Was out 2/7 and 2/9. Fishing was slow. Caught 2 and 5 trout, 1 to 3 lbs. The boat next to us got their limit but they were DFG planter, small. Going out this week, hope the water is clear...

Thanks miko733 for the report.

Let us know how you make out this week.

trollingplate
02-15-2012, 08:42 PM
I've been reading the Sniffer's Panfish Board... wow.!

Check out the slabs on the "East Bay Lake" threads..

Two guys hit it really big a few days ago.. ( Yes I know this
is the Trout Board!!)..

just sayin... TP

TimeMachine
02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Going to try and head out on Saturday. Hopefully it's not a crazed free for all. Lately that lake has a TON of people on it and I think it's a factor on why the fishing is tough. I'll let you know how it goes.

miko733
02-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Went out thursday. Caught 7 trout. Largest 6 lbs. Rest 2 to 3/4 lb. The group next to us caught 15 trout. One of there trout was also 6 lbs. They caught it at the dam. There were 4 guys. They all used power bait. The water was CLEAR!! Two other boats had 2 and 1 trout. They were in the WRONG place. Ha ha not by us...

miko733
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Out today, got 7 trout 3 to 3/4 lb. Saw only 6 other fish caught by 6 boats. Very slow fishing. The Del Valle report says limits. I don't believe. Been out 3 times in the last 5 days and saw only one limit. There have been large trout caught. Saw 4 trout around 5 to 6 lb landed by trollers.

fishtricity
02-22-2012, 07:44 PM
From my somewhat limited experience, it seems that the bite at Del Valle is better when there is no rain, which keeps the water clear. Is this true? The weekend should have good weather. It seems like in addition to the 500 pound stock of EBRP, there is an additional stock of 800 DFG trout. Does Del Valle usually stock on Tuesdays?

MarkdaShark19
02-22-2012, 08:44 PM
STRIPED BASS

Rick Beogo of Pleasanton caught a 19 lb., 5 oz. striper top water trolling in the narrows on 1/27/12

Top water trolling WTF?!?!?!?! something is seriously wrong with this report.

miko733
02-23-2012, 06:42 AM
The marina operator said that they stock weekly. We saw the DFG plant Wednesday. Looked like a small load.

FishnBeer
02-23-2012, 11:56 AM
im actually going camping at del valle this saturday night with my gf. probly gonna get there around 6pm and get some lines wet for an hour or two, then early morning sunday. i will post up my results

FishnBeer
02-26-2012, 06:34 PM
im actually going camping at del valle this saturday night with my gf. probly gonna get there around 6pm and get some lines wet for an hour or two, then early morning sunday. i will post up my results

Went today to del valle, banked it directly across the lake from the launch ramp from 7am-11am. Bagged one little trout on poweregg w/mice tail.upon cleaning I found his stomache full of twigs? Several of them and looked like they were clogging his plumbing. Maybe why he was so small

redneckpunk
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Top water trolling WTF?!?!?!?! something is seriously wrong with this report.

Not too suprising to anyone who has spent a lot of time on the lake. We used to catch stripers on top water all the time near the dam.

~RNP

MarkdaShark19
02-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Not too suprising to anyone who has spent a lot of time on the lake. We used to catch stripers on top water all the time near the dam.

~RNP

I understand catching stripers on topwater very common and effective technique but you don't troll top water plugs
It doesn't work that way.

redneckpunk
02-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Since it doesnt say exactly what he was using, I would assume he was probably "top-lining" for trout. Although I have fished with a friend who will do the same for striper in the delta, top lining with just a 6-8" grub along the tully line with great success. If theyre hungry and you put it out there they dont care what it is.

~RNP

fishtricity
02-27-2012, 07:14 PM
pyros46290, sorry to hear that you only got one trout in 4 hours of prime time bank fishing. I had heard that there was a significant stock from both the DFG and the EBRP district. I opted to go to Pinto Lake and got nothing from shore. I had heard there were stocked trout, but I only saw bass fishermen there. We had a float tube, but I didn't want to get it inspected and then suit up. $5 is still money. I spoke to a guy that pulled in 7 bass from his tube, all deep with a slow retrieve. Another guy pulled in 7 bass from his boat.

FishnBeer
02-28-2012, 08:26 AM
yeah they stocked 500 lbs on the 22nd so i had high hopes, but anything is better than the skunk.

where is pinto lake? ive never heard of that. also i had no idea you had to get float tubes inspected too :mad2:

miko733
02-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Went out yesterday. Got 7 trout. 3 to 1/2 lb. One other boat limited out. The other boaters didn't get much 1 to 2 trout per boat. One boater got only 1 trout, but it was 6 lbs...
Very few shore fisherman. Didn't see too much action.

FishnBeer
02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
where at and what were u doin?

miko733
03-01-2012, 07:03 AM
The guy who caught the large fish was in the middle of the lake, in front of the marina. The boat that limited out was about 50 yds out from the launch ramp. Maybe they were catching the recent planters?? We saw lots of fish jumping maybe from a recent plant?

Doesn't anybody else post their fishing results?

miko733
03-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Went out yesterday. Bust!! Of the 50 fisherman only saw 2 limits (one limit consisted of a 4 and 6 lb'er, the guy was a troller) and one 6 lb'er from shore. Most fisherman didn't catch anything. Tried all over the lake. Water very clear but fish have lock jaw. This is the first time a saw a "regular" also bust. He usually catches his limit... He must fish almost every day.