PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes late report Feb 9-11

youngling
02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
On Thurs Feb 09 I had all lines wet by 0515. No bites, no tap, nothing all morning until 0730 came and it was FISH ON!
Landed a nice 2lber. Then by 0800 I got another one of the same size and one more after that by 0830 and left for work.
So the next day Friday I thought I tried that same spot again. When I got there I see 2 peeps there already so settled about 15 yards away from them. That ended up to be a HOT spot because I started to get bites around 0530 and continued consistently every 15-20 mins. I landed 9 by 0730 but invited only 5 of them for dinner. 8 of the 9 fish were caught on the same pole even though I casted my 2nd pole next to the lucky spot.
The next day Saturday I tried to go to the same spot again but it was all packed with anglers since its was a weekend and word got around of my luck on Friday. No worries so I settled down 15yards away from the hot spot and only got 2. It was slow that Saturday only seeing about 4-6 fish caught between 10 anglers. Anyhow FISH ON!

Thursday's catch:

Friday's catch (total stringer weight 8lbs):

Fishbucket
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
you had a great day a year ago...

:tongue:

Benzo
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey Matt, Thanks for the reports and pics, good looking fish you landed there. Man you were killing it on Friday:trout:.. I also fished Saturday morning but we were at the point. It was really slow though. I pulled in 2 dfg's by 8 and released them both. We moved to the other side and I managed to land a 2#r. I didn't get anything after that and left cause it started drizzling.

Good luck to your next outing.

Ben

youngling
02-14-2012, 04:51 PM
you had a great day a year ago...

:tongue:

Hahaha... I meant I fished Feb 9 through Feb 11 in 2012. However I haven't had this kind of action since last year so you're right on that one!

youngling
02-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey Matt, Thanks for the reports and pics, good looking fish you landed there. Man you were killing it on Friday:trout:.. I also fished Saturday morning but we were at the point. It was really slow though. I pulled in 2 dfg's by 8 and released them both. We moved to the other side and I managed to land a 2#r. I didn't get anything after that and left cause it started drizzling.

Good luck to your next outing.

Ben

Hey Ben! I didn't know you were there Saturday. Me and JR saw peeps at the point but didn't knew it was you. Good choice on moving elsewhere to catch the 2#er.

N.O Xpl()de
02-14-2012, 05:31 PM
great pictures. I seriously need to get back into lake fishing real soon. Do you know if kayak is ok to launch there?

Benzo
02-14-2012, 06:49 PM
FM, you can fish with your yak there with fee & inspection but I have never taken my yak out there.

Benzo
02-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Matt, we actually planned on going to San Pablo that day but had a last minute change thinking it would be crowded from opening day. We were at the point around 5, first DFG landed around 5:15. A few other fish were caught around me but they were all dfg's.

I might try going again this Saturday, I'll text you if I do go.

Ben

GNappers
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Nice fish, but last year they all seemed to be 5 pounds plus

youngling
02-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Nice fish, but last year they all seemed to be 5 pounds plus

Hey Kevin!
Yeah you're right last year there were a lot of 5#ers plus caught in Jan-Mar. However this year all the Lassens seems to be pink meat unlike last years. I guess there's a trade off between pink meat or whoppers, who knows???

fishingguysf
02-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey Matt, great report and glad you caught some nice rainbows!!! Heard it has been slow and have not fished Quarry in a while. Still waiting on the good reports, before I make that trek!!!

Fishon!!
fishingguysf

GNappers
02-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Those are some nice fish you got there, but for me to make the drive I have to see the whoppers you pulled out a year ago.

Jester83
02-16-2012, 10:39 AM
sweet.
it just may be time to tune up the bike.

any idea how the afternoon bite has been? I might try and take the little ones out.

youngling
02-16-2012, 11:59 AM
sweet.
it just may be time to tune up the bike.

any idea how the afternoon bite has been? I might try and take the little ones out.

Hey Jester!
Sorry but I have no idea how the afternoon bite is since I don't stay no later than 0900 the latest. Usually the bite is on either in the dark before light or starts just after sunrise from my past experience. Good luck!

BassFighter
02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Went fishing at Quarry Lakes on the 14th from 7am - 5:30pm. Got my lines in the water by 7am; first bite at 9:15am, then dead the rest of the day..... I'm glad I got one at least, because I saw many who left without. I think I only saw 2 other people with one trout each the whole day.