PDA

View Full Version : Folsom Lake-Help please

dpars
02-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Heading out to try Folsom on Friday, but I want to try some minnows this time. Anyone know where to buy minnows in the Folsom area, or do i have to head all the way down to Broadway Bait?

please help

Thanks, Don

Racinrob
02-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I think Wild Sports still sells them. They are on Greenback in Orangevale.

AnglingWes
02-15-2012, 09:55 AM
+1 Wild Sports is your best bet. They have pretty nice bait tank setup with lively jumbos.

dpars
02-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate it. Talked to a coworker and they thought they didn't have them anymore.

AnglingWes
02-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate it. Talked to a coworker and they thought they didn't have them anymore.

May want to call first. I haven't been there in a long time myself, but used to by bait there often.

Wild Sports (http://www.wild-sports.com/home/)

stales49
02-15-2012, 10:59 AM
yupp wild sports has them, im 100% sure of it. im there very often.

BradL
02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Are you fishing from the bank? Let me know how you do. I have been out three times in the last two weeks.I have tried a bunch of spots between granite bay launch and beals point with mulitple set ups. Inflated crawlers off the bottom, crawlers off the top, powerbait off the bottom, multiple spoons. Not even a bite yet. Good luck!

AnglingWes
02-16-2012, 10:10 AM
The only time I have ever witnessed a trout caught off the bank at Folsom is the day after the big DFG tanker truck visits the lake.

Not saying it can't be done, but its a long shot.

BradL
02-16-2012, 10:22 AM
The only time I have ever witnessed a trout caught off the bank at Folsom is the day after the big DFG tanker truck visits the lake.

Not saying it can't be done, but its a long shot.

It sure is a puzzle to be solved. My uncle and I used to kill em out there. I remember going out Jan-March in 2001-2003 and not being able to miss from the shore. Salmon and trout all over the place.

That doesnt seem to be the case any longer.