PDA

View Full Version : Melones 2-16

OakieAngler
02-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Trolled up river around the middle fork split for 12 fish, biggest going 2.9lbs. Moved back down into Coyote and picked up another 5 to finish off the day. Mostly fast trolling Chucker T's in chartreuse prism and plugs in rainbow trout pattern from the surface to 18'. All rainbows, no browns, all released. Great day on the water. No pics unfortunately. Left the cell phone in the car. Returned to angry messages. Evidently my kindergartner had a half day of school today and guess who was supposed to pick him up. Oops.

Steve079
02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Saw a white boat pulling planer boards east of the parrotts ferry bridge today, was that you?

schatgun
02-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Well done Oakie....I had to skip fishing this week:embarassed:.....First week of fishing I missed since December. Thanks for sharing, I'm glad to see NM still producing.

OakieAngler
02-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Nope, not me. Haven't got into the planner board gig. I'm in a big old white and grey Sea Ray hardtop. I only trolled the surface for about the first hour and then went down, even if it was just 5 feet or so. Think I am going to get the little aluminum out this weekend up there just to dust her off.