PDA

View Full Version : Shark fishing in May?

dark_knight
03-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Who chases after sharks in May, I know its halibut season but I am curious if anybody fishes for them in may. I know Leopards get hooked up in the potluck trips for hali and striper, but are the cow sharks still in the bay or are they long gone. What kind of gear do you want to have while fishing for shark?

kromebrite
03-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Are you wanting 7 gill or leopards?
I plan on starting "shark season '07" in May, but I focus exclusively on leopard shark.

dark_knight
03-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I will take whatever I can get. Im in college till may so I try to max out my fishing during the summer.

kromebrite
03-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Leopards will start around May and gets better and better until October/November depending on when the rain comes. I am clueless abot 7 gills ;)

Know_Excuses
03-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Kromie do you fish mainly san pablo, or the south bay??

Also let me know when your first trip with Steve is. I will supply the beer for you guys that trip ;D ;DSeriously let me know.

keciga1
03-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Krome you got the leopards down. The 7gills are a late fall to early spring deal but can still be found year round just not like in the winter time.

Ivan

kromebrite
03-26-2007, 08:00 AM
South Bay is my primary area, but SPB holds promise as both of you know ;) Mr. H was out in SPB last weekend bound and determined to score on sturg but ended up with a nice shark.
This is the year I'm going to experiment with some new techniques and areas.
We might have to get a "shark fest" this Summer over at Alameda or Oakland. Get mike22 , tattofish and their crew, team Krome and a host of others. BBQ and general festivities at the Encinal launch.

mike22ca
03-26-2007, 03:51 PM
That would be sweet. Me and Tattoo would be down with that Im sure. Gotta love sharks ;D