PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish Bear River Reservoir recently? If yes, have any parts defrosted yet?

soarwitheagles
02-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone!

Just curious, anyone fish Bear River Reservoir recently? If yes, have any parts of the reservoir defrosted yet?

Usually the fresh water inlet near the lodge is one of the first places to defrost. Itching to catch some trout. Posted a mouth watering German Brown my wife caught up there after a cold winter. Sure brings back some good memories!

The other pic is when it was super cold and not fishable from the shore...

Please let me know if you have been up there lately.

Thanks,

Soar

TahoeRye
02-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone!

Just curious, anyone fish Bear River Reservoir recently? If yes, have any parts of the reservoir defrosted yet?

Usually the fresh water inlet near the lodge is one of the first places to defrost. Itching to catch some trout. Posted a mouth watering German Brown my wife caught up there after a cold winter. Sure brings back some good memories!

The other pic is when it was super cold and not fishable from the shore...

Please let me know if you have been up there lately.

Thanks,

Soar

Was up there a few weeks ago and there was ice by the dam and by the resort but there was plenty of places the fish. Drove by yesterday and it looked good plenty of open water! Don't think that fish is a brown but one nice rainbow!

Jfitalia
02-18-2012, 08:21 AM
yeah that's a nice fish but it is 100% a rainbow not a brown. either way great fish

RideNfish
02-18-2012, 08:57 AM
I can't help you with your question but GREAT fish your wife caught! I love the goggles as well. I need to do that in the cold. Also like your pic in the snow. Sure would of been great to fish from there if you could have. With rods stuck in the snow it sure would be easy to see them move with the white background. hehe

I bet the ice will all be gone this week. It's gunna be like spring in the next few days.

Cheers,

soconnor
02-19-2012, 07:13 PM
yeah that's a nice fish but it is 100% a rainbow not a brown. either way great fish

Sure looks like a brown to me. How can you tell?

Jfitalia
02-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Sure looks like a brown to me. How can you tell?

well the easiest thing to see is the red stripe down its side and the formations of spots plus there is no yellow coloring that comes on a brown. if you aren't familiar with browns just google a pic

soarwitheagles
02-20-2012, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the info guys! So sorry about thinking that was a german brown. Suppose I do not know my fish as well as I should! We hope to get up to Bear River Reservoir soon. We miss catching the rainbows and browns.

Hope to see some of you up there!

Soar