PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay Perch'n

BASNFAN
03-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I was at Bodega Bay the last 6 days and hit Salmon Creek Beach on Sat and Tuesday. Conditions were great on Sat so I fish for about 2 hours before and 1 hour after high tide. Had a fair number of bites and landed three small perch (1 shiner and two red tails) in the first half hour. After that the bite just died and I only got one more bite moving up and down the beach. I don't know why it died off like that and just before high tide! I was using Berkeley Gulp Sandworms.
On Tuesday, the north wind started to blow and the surf was not too high but the waves were real close together with a strong side current. Again, I started off with lots of bites and had two red tails but then bang - the bite just suddenly came to a screeching halt. I have yet to do good at Bodega for some reason.
BASNFAN

garrett_s
03-21-2007, 08:02 PM
i was fishing at spud point and caught a HUGE rubberlipped surfperch. i was fishing with pile worms.
we ussually go up the coast a little bit and fish duncans landing

Uncle_Sam
03-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Basnfan:

A lot of us would think we had done very well to catch anything fishing from shore.

catfished
03-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Don't feel too bad, Basnfan, I have never caught a perch or anything else anywhere near Bodega and I've fished it several times. :'(

Martinez Frank
03-22-2007, 02:37 PM
I used to catch big rubber lip perch at the wharf next to the Tides wharf at the incoming tide using those little crabs that hide inder the rocks at low tide

fishhogg
03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
salmon creek has been slow the past 2 weeks even with the good tides and surf! Lots of small fish, ever since rock hopper said the limit was 10, its been easy limits untill recent, maybe i caught them all ;D I did catch a half limit of red tail north ofsalmon creek on thrusday, maybe the brown water has them thrown off.... Patience my friend, salmon creek will happen again soon!

BASNFAN
03-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, guys! :)
BASNFAN

Rock_Hopper
03-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the report BNF.

I've only had mediocre days out there myself recently.