PDA

View Full Version : Where to go

bretmoua
03-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I was thinking about heading up to the bay area this weekend to do a bit of fishing. I'll be cruising along the beaches of santa cruz to find a good spot. Maybe I'll even find titelinez fishing spot. Afterwards, should I even try out the rockwall in Alameda? It's either that rockwall or the rockwall that's close to oakland airport. Let me know what you sniffers think.

bluestar
03-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Santa Cruz is 68 miles from Alameda and you have to climb thru the Santa Cruz mountains.... I don't know if you realize this in making your plan but if that's what you plan to do, you are most welcome to give it a try because many people are dying to know if anything is going on at the Alameda rockwall...

keciga1
03-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Halibut are slowly starting to show in the bay. That might be worth a try.

Ivan

bretmoua
03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Yep, I realize what I'm doing. Heck, I'm in Fresno and willing to make the drive just to make the wife and kids happy. LOL. At least, they'll get a chance to see santa cruz and maybe dip their feet in the water, that is if the waves not too rough. Hopefully, fishing will start to pick up when I'm out there, if not...it'll still be good just to get out of the polluted air in Fresno and enjoy the cool breeze of the bay area.

doneli
03-15-2007, 07:02 PM
if you want the kids to have fun fishing alameda is a good place for sharks and rays...very fun to catch them just get enough squid as bait and you are all set.....
good luck -doneli-

bretmoua
03-15-2007, 09:40 PM
This will be my first time at the Alameda Rock Wall. Can someone give me directions from I-880 N going towards Oakland. I will be going to it from Fresno. I know how to get to the rockwall by Oakland International Airport only. How far are the two places apart from each other?