PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz perch

SCsurfcaster
03-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Went fishing in ther afternoon the last two days, nice days. Used mostly grubs, landed approx. 25 fish for both days. All released except for one nice sized bsp that I gave to a fellow fishermen (nice guy). Didn't see any birds or bait, really hoping to catch a striper soon. If anyone else has been fishing the area lately, please post some info, would especially love to run into some of those stripers they have been talking about down south. Tight lines and rip some lips.

keciga1
03-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the report. I was out there today in the morning at the warf and it was a beutifull day. Allthough I didn't do any fishing the weather was awesome and the water was flat. Didn't see many people fishing.

Ivan

wmgraphics
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM
I'll be in Santa Cruz tomorrow. My girl has to attend some work function from 2pm-7pm, so I'm going perch'n. What beaches should I check out? What are you using?
I use some 1" motor oil red flake grubs with a orange bead or/and small pieces of shrimp up near Fort Bragg.

Thanks!

wmgraphics
03-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Well went to Manresa beach near Santa Cruz. Got there about 2pm and started catching fish right off the bat on red flake motor oil 2" grubs. The surf started to pick up so I started checking for a few other deep holes. I did find a few for a couple more fish but the surf was just kickin my butt. >:( Oh well, nice day and a dozen or so red tails to boot.

L8R