PDA

View Full Version : Angel island

evcmadfisherman
03-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Any body fish near or around Angel island?
What about sausalito in ritchardson bay?

ECVMatt
03-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Dammit Brian, i put up a huge reply to this, then I realized it was you and I don't actually know any more about this than you do, but it was convincing.

ZACK
03-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Any body fish near or around Angel island?
What about sausalito in ritchardson bay?

All excellent places for Halibut and Stripers. In fact the pic in my signature is at the mouth of Racoon Strait and Richardsons Bay.
ZACK!

evcmadfisherman
03-09-2007, 08:16 PM
nice fish zack, what time of the year you catch that striper?
ecvmatt and I went fishing in january and got into a few rays. I think we were fishing to shallow.
Racoon strait seems like it would be great fishing but I never seem to see anybody fishing there.
my new boat is berthed in sausalito so I'm thinkin I'm fishin there as much as I can ;D

ZACK
03-09-2007, 09:20 PM
nice fish zack, what time of the year you catch that striper?
ecvmatt and I went fishing in january and got into a few rays. *I think we were fishing to shallow. *
Racoon strait seems like it would be great fishing but I never seem to see anybody fishing there.
my new boat is berthed in sausalito so I'm thinkin I'm fishin there as much as I can ;D
I can't remember exactly when that fish was caught.
To tell the truth I can't even remember catching it! ;D
Suck's getting old. ::)
The bay is some what of a ghost town for game fish until the bait arrives in the late spring / early summer. What ever date is decided for the Butt fest try to make it there. I will be there and will share as much info as I can so that we can all have a successful, productive weekend to go along with all of the good company. A few weeks prior I will post maps with spots and depths to try all over the bay. ZACK!

evcmadfisherman
03-09-2007, 10:13 PM
sounds like alot of fishin I do ::)
Butt fest sounds like good times.
I'm new to fishin the bay and I have a sailboat , but I love fishin, so I'm fishin ;D ;D ;D

GCinGV
03-10-2007, 12:13 AM
The cove by the old hospital dock, on the east side of Angle is good for Leopards in the summer if you can get passed the Bat Rays. Several good spots around the island for Halibut and Stripers. In a month or two keep an eye on where the charters are working. Some of the Halibut drifts around the island are pretty deep so have some heavy weights on hand. Like Zack said its pretty slow this time of the year though.
GC

evcmadfisherman
03-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Patience.... thats all I need.. >:(
but I wanna fish now! :'( :'(

blue_chrush
03-10-2007, 07:18 AM
if the wind is blowing from the northwest due to fog on the coast
then hiding behind the island is awsome, and richarson bay you
can access from the launch at the salsualito side... your right there
for halis and stripers in july-aug this spot is great....
and later you can troll for salmon...

evcmadfisherman
03-10-2007, 08:14 AM
You think there are any halibut out there now?

GCinGV
03-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Inside the bay is a bit of a long shot right now but there should be plenty outside the gate along the beaches.
GC

evcmadfisherman
03-11-2007, 07:31 PM
what about 7 gill deep in raccon strait. what kind of a pole would you need bait