PDA

View Full Version : Treasure/Yerba Buena Island Shore/pier fishing?

tracy-ed
03-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I was wondering, as I drove my work van across the Bay Bridge.....

Now that the Navy is out and civilian "stuff" is in, is there any shore fishing or pier fishing opened up to us now? *Seems like those two islands could be a productive spot for us boat-less anglers at the right time of year.

Anyone know?

*(Historic note: *The short,wide pier north of the bridge on the west side of the island was, in fact, a critical part of the City of San Francisco's fire-disaster plan. *In case of another fire, like the one that followed the 1906 earthquake, barges were to be loaded up with sailors, portable pumps, and hoselines. *The barges were to be pushed over the the SF side where sailors would unload the pumps, hook up the hoses, and carry the extra fire fighting capacity to where ever in the city they could reach. *They even conducted drills to prove it could be done. The plan was theoretically active, according to a fire-fighter buddy of mine, until the Navy started to pull out.)

Double_D
03-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I was wondering, as I drove my work van across the Bay Bridge.....

Now that the Navy is out and civilian "stuff" is in, is there any shore fishing or pier fishing opened up to us now? *Seems like those two islands could be a productive spot for us boat-less anglers at the right time of year.

Anyone know?

*(Historic note: *The short,wide pier north of the bridge on the west side of the island was, in fact, a critical part of the City of San Francisco's fire-disaster plan. *In case of another fire, like the one that followed the 1906 earthquake, barges were to be loaded up with sailors, portable pumps, and hoselines. *The barges were to be pushed over the the SF side where sailors would unload the pumps, hook up the hoses, and carry the extra fire fighting capacity to where ever in the city they could reach. *They even conducted drills to prove it could be done. The plan was theoretically active, according to a fire-fighter buddy of mine, until the Navy started to pull out.)

you can't fish off the pier, it's been condemned, unsafe to be on, and yes there is shore fishing on TI.

keciga1
03-10-2007, 05:12 PM
There is all kinds of acces on TI. On the east side there are a few benches on the shoreline where you can fish. When halibut show up it can be a good spot to get them.

Ivan