PDA

View Full Version : Butt fest date poll

smithstation
03-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Good job on the dates, I'm in!! Lets see what others have to say.

bluestar
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Shouldn't the date depend on when the fish comes in, rather than fishermen's wishes or convenience??? :-?

ZACK
03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Shouldn't the date depend on when the fish comes in, rather than fishermen's wishes or convenience??? :-?

"Can I get Bluestar an AMEN" ;D

Let me clear it up for you "Up River" guys. It's kind of like getting ants in your pants and planing to fish a run of salmon early. True there have been runs in years past that have started at this time but you run the risk of being out there when the river is a complete ghost town. If you wait a bit and plan a date when you know they will be there your in business. I personally don't want to be out there catching nothing but sharks n rays all day if the bait and later fish haven't arrived yet.
The date of 4/13 thru 4/15 won't be good for anything except Sturgeon (Count me out on that day I wouldn't waste my gas on conditions like that). An outgoing tide like that will muddy up the water good. I personally don't care what Emeryville, or Berkeley sportfishing says. They start every year at the same time whether there are fish to put you on or not and there fore their opinions are biased. Their job is to put A$$' in seats. End of April is do-able but you are gambling....
True, I have seen years when "prime" fishing kicks in early May, but I have also been out many years all jacked up, eager beaver and nothing was there yet and took an expensive boat ride alllllll day. *

I still say the best time when you KNOW they will be there is
06/09/2007 Sat 01:08am 1.6 L 06:52am 4.0 H 12:37pm 0.8 L 07:39pm 5.8 H
06/10/2007 Sun 02:11am 0.8 L 08:24am 3.8 H 01:31pm 1.4 L 08:19pm 6.1 H

I'll be there if you guys are hell bent on the last weekend in April but if the fishing blows, don't say I didn't warn you. ZACK!

PS. Great idea on the poll to get an idea what works for EVERYONE.

ric1ric
03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I would like to see it in May or early June. We are already having the Pyramid Fest April 21st-22nd , and the Salmon Fest July 14th-15th. So some where in the middle would be kool. Last year we had a Cinco De Mayo Striper Fest,I don't know if we are going to this year. If we don't anytime in May would be Good. Just some food for thought.

aintscared
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I like the " ITS TO EARLY IM SCARED" * THAT GETS MY VOTE !!

*and I'm AINTSCARED *;)
PS, AMEN for Bluestar

smithstation
03-08-2007, 01:21 PM
SF bay is all new to me so if it is just a boat ride and a shark trip that is ok by me ;). This will be the first time I have put my boat in the salt :-/so I can chalk it up to a learning experience :-?. Just my thoughts.

It is a little close to the pyramid fest. I am not going to pyramid so it wont bother me but a lot of the guys and gals I look forward to seeing wont make it. Any chance to fish for what ever and try new ground is fun! ;)

rlammi
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I am down with whatever way it goes . I am open, so many fests the wife might not let me go anymore ;D ;D
Ron

keciga1
03-08-2007, 06:38 PM
I just threw those two dates out there, since we didn't have ANY dates. I'm down for wich ever date most people are willing to attend.

Ivan

Martinez Frank
03-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I am ok with any date the majority votes on, ;)

donzitroller
03-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Zack and bluestar.. yep, yep, and yep. Only the fish will tell. Early April I think some will still have salmon opener fever. I know some are just itching for a salt fix. Some are jonesin for another Fest. I'll use any excuse to fish, and may go soon just to tool around and hope to get lucky. Once the first CS'r posts up, you'll know it's time.

fernley_tim
03-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I vote for middle or late may not cause of fish but for selfish reasons ill have weekends off by then ;)

smithstation
03-09-2007, 09:09 AM
NEW DATE ADDED FOR JUNE

ZACK
03-09-2007, 10:20 AM
NEW DATE ADDED FOR JUNE

Ah Man,
I already spent my vote.
Well, you guys know what date I like anyway.

Donzi, if its salmon you want on these dates get out the gate early and get em and head back in the afternoon for some Hali's, and Stripers. The butt and striper bite will wait for ya. ZACK!

LTZOUT
03-09-2007, 01:09 PM
JUNE BE DA BOMB!!!
Remember to -
VOTE EARLY & VOTE OFTEN!!!
Rock the vote, baby!!!

donzitroller
03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Zack, when targeting butts this year it's gonna be with dedication. No salmon tangents.

:P

okie
03-09-2007, 02:35 PM
i'll go with the june date. pyramid in april, salmon in july, june sounds good to me.
okie