PDA

View Full Version : Lawsons in April

fishing brian
02-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey guys Im heading to Lawsons Landing for a couple days in April and would love to get some fishing in. I cant take the boat cause im towing the trailer for the family but was wondering If I should take some gear.

Ive fished from shore in bodega many times with very good results but last time at Dillons I didnt see anywhere to fish. Is there a guide service from there? that would be perfect.

I thought there might be some halibut action that time of year???
THANKS-LUNKER-

vito
02-27-2007, 08:46 AM
I've asked at the boathouse a few times about guides. None to speak of launching from Lawson's. There are a few that launch from Bodega though. I can recommend Agressor Adventures, although it appears as though their web site is down. The perch fishing is really good there on the inside of the point right before the inlet to Tomales. I just use a sabiki rig baited with shrimp. 1 oz weight. Throw it outside of the impact zone and the waves will carry it through the surf. By the time it gets up to the beach you should have 2 or 3 perch on. The wife and I had a 5 gallon bucket full in about two hours last time we went.

fishing brian
02-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks Vito. are you talking about from your boat for those psrch or right from the beach? Ive been on the NSA out of Bodega a bunch of times but I dont think they go out for anything in April.

TSL
02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
april the 7th (if salmon season opens)
all charter boats will be out
of course the weather may play a part

TSL

foggy
02-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Lunker Hunter.
With all the members out their you should be able to get some one to take you out for a day of fishing. :)
If you want to fish the bay, I will take you out just send me a pm.
I would offer a salmon trip but as of right now, I am a rookie I need to learn a few things first. ;)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * foggy

triggerfish
02-27-2007, 09:00 PM
As always check the regs! I wouldn't recomend keeping a 5 gallon bucket full of perch.

fishhogg
02-28-2007, 11:47 AM
lol, cant help but laugh, and some of u wonder why there are so many wardens harrassing so many innocent fisherman...
A great feeling when u can break the law an one of those *ssH***S are standing right next to ya, spying on other fisherman... ;D
Little do u guys know, they are watching, waiting, hourlessly for someone to fill there buckets full of whatever, then they're there in full force like it was a meth lab bust! Kinda like party boat fishing, one passenger makes a mistake, the crew goes down... More tickets issued, more wardens present, less fisherman enjoying there day fishing!
Ill give ya some pointers foggy, heck i might even let you net one ;D

fishhogg
02-28-2007, 11:49 AM
"Army of Darkness" love that movie!

Rock_Hopper
02-28-2007, 03:23 PM
As always check the regs! I wouldn't recomend keeping a 5 gallon bucket full of perch.

Per the 2007 regs if he and his wife are both licensed anglers fishing outside of SF Bay they may legally possess up to 80 perch.

(Twenty SURFperch with no more than ten of one species and 20 shiner perch each.)

Just a scenario.

Why the hell they raised the limit from 5 SURFperch to 20 is beyond me.
I probably shouldn't have posted this and let people continue to believe the limit is still 5.

Farrier_Frank
02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
I probably shouldn't have posted this and let people continue to believe the limit is still 5.

Yeah 20 is a lot of fish to bring home. And then you have to clean them. ::)

fishhogg
02-28-2007, 08:31 PM
10 red tail a day off salmon creek, um um um, free dinner all week! ;D

triggerfish
03-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Per the 2007 regs if he and his wife are both licensed anglers fishing outside of SF Bay they may legally possess up to 80 perch.

(Twenty SURFperch with no more than ten of one species and 20 shiner perch each.)

Just a scenario.

Grab you'r buckets,and go get'um!!!

vito
03-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Just came across this thread again. -Geez!. Mello out. I broke no laws. I highly Recommend that you read the regs before you post acusing someone of breaking the law. I, my wife and my daughter were fishing. Once we got to about 13 fish the bucket (with water) was nearly full. We ended up keeping about 10. If you don't like me putting my fish in a bucket, then why don't you recommend some alternatives?

LH we were fishing from the beach.

Toxic_Waste
03-03-2007, 02:41 PM
"Army of Darkness" love that movie!

My favorite part is a battle scene during which a skeleton looks around and says, "Let's get the hell out of here!" ;D

Sorry about momentarily hijacking the thread!

triggerfish
03-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Vito,you said "Me and my wife got a 5 gallon bucket full of them in about 2 hours"! I did not realize that F&G upped the limits this year.
Under the old rules 2 limits of perch would not even be close to filling up a 5 gal bucket. I am sorry if you took offence. my mistake. Jay

fishing brian
03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. Ill PM some of ya before we head over there if it looks like Ill be able to get some fishin in. -LUNKER-