PDA

View Full Version : PB Color?

SJPanfisher28
03-09-2012, 09:44 PM
I use Chartreuse and Rainbow w/ glitter. Are there any other colors that trout will bite on? Do you prefer glitter or no glitter?

CAL.NDN
03-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Them are my personal favorites. Can't go wrong with them when used at the rite times an a lil sent added

MarkdaShark19
03-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Rainbow is the only color you'll ever need. I've fished regular rainbow next to pb with glitter and right next to gulp and never noticed a difference with one doing better then the other, so save your self some money and buy PB w/o the glitter.

mnca711
03-10-2012, 01:33 AM
I have so much PB. I stock up in the summer time to be ready for the fall bite. I do buy 4 of the same color i think worked best for me and one of each of the other colors (not ever single color but colors i havent tired if not ill be broke lol). If one color works much better then others thats the one i buy 4 of. Never know what color is going to work that day. I also mix them myself to make a combo. Thats why i carry one of each color. As for glitter i dont see a difference. My PB to go to is always been White. My lucky color all season.

Marv
03-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I have a suitcase full of "play dough" Rainbow/garlic works at any lake i've been to. I have pink,orange, chartruse, rainbow, yellow, fl red, spring green, sherbert, and a lot more. I also have differnent flavors like garlic, corn, salmon egg, and nymph. I also have regular, glitter, turbo, extra scent. Berkley are great at marketing, because I also have 10 different colors of power eggs and flavored trout dips and mutipule colors power worms.

So in short I will only buy rainbow/garlic powerbait. I've also tried other brands of trout dough and NOTHING comes close to touching pb.

Captain Compassion
03-10-2012, 08:04 AM
I think that color is only important for PB to the extent that you want fish to be able to see it. It's not like you are trying to match the hatch. I use chartreuse Gulp exclusively. Seems to work the best for me.

CC

TroutGhost
03-10-2012, 09:22 AM
A lot of reports on the sniffer and pretty much everywhere else feature rainbow PB. Seemed like that was the color of the year, lol. I haven't tested it out but I think that a color like chartreuse might be best on overcast days but my gut feeling is that color doesn't matter, as long as it's seen. Which is the long way of saying that I like white. :P

miwokfisher
03-10-2012, 10:36 AM
the only color i buy is rainbow and it has done well for me with or without the glitter.

BIG_ONE
03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Hot chartreuse...rainbow...hot pink...all with glitter by Berkley. And spit on the bait before you cast it out! Weird but I catch fish that way on a tough bite day. Not pulling on anyone's legs here.
:)

BIG_ONE
03-10-2012, 10:52 AM
A lot of reports on the sniffer and pretty much everywhere else feature rainbow PB. Seemed like that was the color of the year, lol. I haven't tested it out but I think that a color like chartreuse might be best on overcast days but my gut feeling is that color doesn't matter, as long as it's seen. Which is the long way of saying that I like white. :P

White power bait is a must to have in with the rest of your collection. White power bait may become your number one source to rescue you from a day of being skunk. Tested and proven...by me.

SJPanfisher28
03-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I've got a general idea of which colors of PB to have in my tackle box.

sja
03-10-2012, 01:43 PM
I have several colors, combos, etc. as well. *Char. and RB catch 90% of my fish. *I think the "glitter" does work a little better..... especially on bright days. *That being said..... looking for the "magic" color still at Chabot this year.:undecided:

BIG_ONE
03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Magic color for me is brown...trout pellets? :confused2:

WLShafor
03-10-2012, 02:48 PM
For me it's green and yellow with a little bit of gold flakes. Also white power eggs and orange power worms

These work on the Lake Amador and Collins Trout.

PapaGreg
03-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Funny this topic came up, my grandson and I limited out yesterday on Chartreuse PB and same color eggs,PW combo. I went back to the same place today and they wouldn't even touch the chartreuse! Experimented and switched to rainbow, pow, got my limit in about 45 minutes! I don't know if the weather had anything to do with the bite, it was somewhat cloudy and overcast early, the fish didn't want anything to do with any color hardware, and wouldn't even go for worms.

Yesterday was sunny and bright, go figure.

RideNfish
03-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Funny this topic came up, my grandson and I limited out yesterday on Chartreuse PB and same color eggs,PW combo. I went back to the same place today and they wouldn't even touch the chartreuse! Experimented and switched to rainbow, pow, got my limit in about 45 minutes!

OK... so where is the report???? :0) Where did you go?

Good info on your bait colors. Funny how that works.

Thanks,

sp0rty0jae
03-12-2012, 06:09 PM
white pb eggs @ mather lake = trout crack

Jfitalia
03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
the most common colors are rainbow, orange and green. my favorie color the last 2 years has been blue moon but they no longer make it

dirty530
03-12-2012, 09:53 PM
I suggest this thread become a sticky..

sja
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM
What's amazing to me is how certain colors work at certain lakes. *For instance..... I have a pack full of various colors which, according to reports, have worked for people at other lakes. *I'll give these colors a try at my home lake..... and never get a bite. *My buddy and I have a running joke about some of them...... almost as a last resort when it goes in the water. **
I would guess many of the lakes use similar hatcheries..... same trout.... but different locations equal different colors that work.... I guess?

redneckpunk
03-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Im not sure you can say one color is better than another without being specific to the body of water, weather conditions, water conditions, etc.. For example, I have fished Collins countless times since december and seen a color knock them dead one day and the next day in the same location they wont touch it. But switch to another and BAM!! I have even seen color change happen within a couple hours.

As for RB, I have had minimal luck. For me the corn yellow has produced the most fish with brown trout pellet a close second. Thats not to say I wont try other colors as I have probably 15 different jars in the box. Another bonus to having my g/f fishing with me is we can have 4 rods out with 4 colors to see whats working that day.

~RNP

bretmoua
03-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Glitter rainbow power bait with garlic scent works for me :1fish0023mn:

Marv
03-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Lake Mcswain: PB- chartruse, rainbow, white, salmon roe flavor. PE- Gulp Alive white, pink, orange. PW- white, chartruse, yellow. PB trout dip- salmon roe.

New Melones: PB- Rainbow/garlic, salmon roe flavor, chunky cheese Gulp. PE- pink/garlic, sunrise, orange. PW- pink is the only color I use @ Melones.

These are ones that work for me. If you can please add a lake or 2.

SJPanfisher28
03-23-2012, 08:49 PM
I made a run to WM for some chart. pb plain w/o glitter since its cheaper. I noticed that they were selling turbo dough and garlic scented pb as well as salmon egg scent pb. Do these catch fish?

redneckpunk
03-23-2012, 08:51 PM
SJP theres only one way to find out!!

~RNP

mitchellwilson23
03-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Green Pumpkin is hard to find but i've had a lot of success with it at shadow cliffs including 4 today after school