PDA

View Full Version : Re: tomales bay fishin

Brettskih
02-20-2007, 07:53 PM
A friend just got back and said it was very slow!Got blown off the water.

cyberpug
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
what is the best bait for catching leopard sharks.

foggy
02-21-2007, 09:21 PM
I like to use whole squid or midshipmen.

foresthill_fishin
02-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Well there a storm blowen in and the snow is comin down,so do I go out and shovel not......rather be fishin but looks like that might take a crap seens how everything snowed in up here,so i ask myself what better way to kill time then thinkin about fishin still hopen my trip to tomales with my brother cyberpug wont be a wash out but then again my worse day fishin with my brother better then my best day at work right.right.....well if anyone else in fishin land has any other hot secrets there willing to kick down that would be great................. :D :D

fence_man
02-22-2007, 12:27 PM
This time of year is little to none for leopards . I fish shark alot there . 7 gills are fair bet now !! salmon for bait great for both it doesn't hurt to put out a chum basket out of nicks cove go across and a little south there is a channel marker at peligen point. From that marker and south is a deep hole from 25 to 55 ft. good area .Have taken big 7's at the oyster beds 6 to 10 ft of water in march. check tides ramp is shallow . GOOD LUCK !!!

65whaler
02-24-2007, 03:36 PM
yeah, like others have said, not much happening in tomales this time of year. but last year we caught a 24 lb halibut on the salmon opener after 15 minutes of fishing. this was the first saturday of april. so you never know.

foresthill_fishin
02-24-2007, 04:04 PM
:) Nice picture well just wondering when is opener for the old salmon?well regardless of how slow it might be in later march trip is still on so brother pug lets getter done,keep the info comin fellas we really apprieciat it plus gives me something to read seens once again a storms blowin in and lookin for another foot of snow :(but will get through it........ :'(foresthill fishin out...keep trollin