PDA

View Full Version : Amador this weekend??

IRISHANGLER01
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
have not been to the lake for 2 weeks now with the rain and wind off and on. Has anyone been there and know what the water is like or if it is fishable from the banks? I dont want tot make the trip to have the water blown out and the bank so muddy I cant fish from it. any help is always appreciated. YaY or NaY?

HMONG_James_Vang
03-20-2012, 10:13 AM
i'm going rain or shine. see ya there.

Adoboat
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I was trolling there yesterday. The water is a lot higher than it was two weeks ago. The water is up to the bouyes on the spillway.

I saw stringers and fish pulled in by folks fishing the rocks at the dam, both corners of the dam (especially the corner by the entrance) and the end of the dock near the dam. The fish were right on top. The was generally calm, so you could see dorsal fins and little wakes from the fish. They were really tight against the shore. Saw lots of kastmasters being worked. The spillway didn't look very productive. Didn't see any stringers in the water in that area or the little cove next to the spillway.

Saw stringers next to guys fishing the boat launch cove. both at the mouth of the cove and all the way to the end. The dirt parking lot that's used by tubers, kayakers and folda boat guys (that's me) is full of water.

I say YaY. I bet you'll have a great time. Just be careful walking down to the water where I suggested. Looks steep and probably slippery in the rain.

troutslimepuppy
03-20-2012, 12:45 PM
:fishing5xd:from what im hearing it sounds good to go.Heading up thurs and fri will report.

WLShafor
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Water level is very high from all the rain. I went on Saturday and i was amazed that they had to raise up the big doc in the front up 6 feet!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/1807a1de-0e45-9fa9.jpg

bass_newb
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
i will be there tomorrow! :D will report once i get back.

insearchoffish
03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
i will be there tomorrow! :D will report once i get back.
+1, got out of going to Loomis so get to go to Amador!!!!!!!!:party-smiley-048:Ill be out there in my yak.

IRISHANGLER01
03-21-2012, 11:39 AM
gonna give it a go. report when I get back.

GNappers
03-21-2012, 06:35 PM
I think I am heading out tomorrow, how'd you all fare?

troutslimepuppy
03-24-2012, 09:23 AM
:fish_jumps:
:fishing5xd:from what im hearing it sounds good to go.Heading up thurs and fri will report.

the yearly b day Amador trip was great.Thursday was the bomb with lots of reel screaming air born fun..Troll those grubs slow and have fun