View Full Version : Baked Parmesan Bluegill

WLShafor
03-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Ingredients

2 cage free brown eggs
cup Panko Italian or any bread crumbs
cup organic parmesan cheese
teaspoon ground dried organic thyme
Bluegill 4-8 filets (if you have more than 8 filets make sure to double the ingredients)
cup melted organic butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. In a bowl beat the 2 cage free eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, organic Parmesan cheese, and organic thyme. Dip the filets in the eggs and then press into the crumb mixture to coat. Place filets in a glass baking dish, and drizzle with melted organic butter.

3. Bake on the top rack of the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes.

4. Salt and pepper to taste.

http://img.tapatalk.com/1807a1de-aa21-0f82.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/1807a1de-a39b-9616.jpg

CATKILLER
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
My eggs are caged and are white will it still work??:cheesy: Looks Great i will try it this summer. Thanks for the recipe
CK :undecided:

Marv
03-22-2012, 08:48 PM
CK yes you can. Cage free means the chicken lived happy :) and brown and white eggs are the same. WLS eats organic foods from the looks of his list. I need to start doing that too. Looks good WLS.

CATKILLER
03-23-2012, 05:37 AM
CK yes you can. Cage free means the chicken lived happy :) and brown and white eggs are the same. WLS eats organic foods from the looks of his list. I need to start doing that too. Looks good WLS.
LOL BB i was jokeing. It dose look tasty and i have to try it when i get some pan fish

CK :pirate:

CAL.NDN
03-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Looks and sounds great! But I haven't caught pan fish in 30 years. I mite have to or substitute it with another species...

WLShafor
03-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Would work with Trout,Bass and Salmon. How ever Bluegill, Red-ears and Crappies have a natural sweet flavor in their meat!

Looks and sounds great! But I haven't caught pan fish in 30 years. I mite have to or substitute it with another species...