PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Doran Beach Jetty report

Maz
02-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Looking to do some crabbing and fishing off of the Doran Beach Jetty. *Anyone have any good reports??

Thanks...Maz

catfished
02-16-2007, 12:40 PM
We're thinking of fishing Doran Beach for perch once again so I'd like to hear some reports as well.

Rock_Hopper
02-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry - I haven't been out there in months... :'(

catfished
02-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, we went to Doran but the seas were incredible. Even the beach that starts in the shelter of the end of the jetty was rough, muddy and full of weeds. We didn't even fish the beach, fished the rocks for a short while with no action other than a spider crab. That makes one too many skunks at Bodega, I've now scratched it off my list of spots. >:(

foggy
02-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Rock Hoper good to see your still around where have you been fishing?
I have not fished the jetty in a while either I have been focusing on San Pablo. ;)
Last time I was out on the jetty there was so much trash out their it made me sick. :'(
Please PACK OUT WHAT YOU BRING IN.

Uncle_Sam
02-18-2007, 12:20 AM
The last time I was on the Bodega jetty I caught four spider crabs and nothing else. Kill the spider crabs!

FinshingSW
02-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I just caught a couple of those spider crabs in hmboldt bay, are they the crabs from china?

Don't look like anything i ever seen before, probably from those container ships that come in from time to time

catfished
02-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I just caught a couple of those spider crabs in hmboldt bay, are they the crabs from china?

Don't look like anything i ever seen before, probably from those container ships that come in from time to time

I don't know where they originated but I have been catching them in Northern California since I was 12 years old. I'm 67 years old now so they've been around for awhile. ;D

grendl
02-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Finshing,
you're thinking of mitten crabs, i think that thaey are just in the bay for now

Rock_Hopper
02-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Rock Hoper good to see your still around where have you been fishing?
I have not fished the jetty in a while either I have been focusing on San Pablo. ;)
Last time I was out on the jetty there was so much trash out their it made me sick. :'(
Please PACK OUT WHAT YOU BRING IN.

Not much fishing for me lately. :'(

A few mediocre perch grubbing days at Salmon Creek recently, but that's about it.