PDA

View Full Version : Bait or Lure

white_cap
03-24-2012, 08:18 AM
With the Salmon season just around the corner, what are your favorite bait / lure to use?
You know, anchovies with a RSK, Apex, Hoochie.

kokaneeCommander
03-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Hoochies, spoons, then bait is the order for me. I Hate messing with the bait. Purple haze kajiki hoochies behind a trinidad Red haze flasher worked really well for me last year when the fish were down in the mud. As for spoons I proboly got two of everything. When I do run bait. I use a head rig. In the past when sport fishing and commercial fishing I used alot of the e-z baiter, crowbars, and cable baiter. Now I like to run the Anchovy classic head rig from trinidad tackle. I have also used all the other head rigs for Davis, FBR, RSK. I like being able to tune my baits roll with the bar on the trinidads. Oh and as usuall single siwash on everything. Good luck out there guys. Nick

WLShafor
03-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Spoons, Kastmaster's Hoochie's and lastly live bait.

Matt Quinones
03-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Mepps spinners. Colors in tiger pattern. Bigger the better.
http://img.tapatalk.com/6cf1197e-2cfe-3fab.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kokaneeCommander
03-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Nice fish. Are those from the salt? I have always wondered how spinners would do in the salt. I have some new prototype spinners to try this year in the bay. It will be interesting to see the results. Does any one color spinner out perform the others? Nick