PDA

View Full Version : Looking to go fishing this weekend

dartagnion007
02-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Hoping someone could give me some good advice I just got a prosports prokat and just had radar, gps and fishfinder put in I am looking to go fishing this weekend I have only fished in santa cruz and by rio vista can someone recommend a good spot to fish this weekend don't care for what just a decent place to fish. I would even be up for taking someone to show me I can't wait to get my boat out on the water. Thanks Ed

triggerfish
02-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Ed theres not much going on . sturgeon would be your best bet. Most don't go out until salmon opens.

Salmon1
02-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Sturgeon...South Bay...Like maybe near the Oakland Airport. I have read some very good reports about the recent catches in that area.

Good Luck!!!

dartagnion007
02-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks alot I will give it a try there

kromebrite
02-15-2007, 01:16 PM
There have been some good reports on South Bay sturgeon, but is not appearing to be a consistent bite. If you have fished this area before and know what you are doing then more power to you, but if you are not that knowledgable then I would be sure and call Hi's tackle shop for some advice or Keith Fraser at Loch Lomond who undoubtedly give you a starting point. If you follow these borads closely, down on the sturgeon boards in particular, you'll see that there is a small group who target this area. Some are very good and maybe, just maybe, if you PM them they will throw you a bone on where to start.
Some sharks being caught but all on the smaller side. Fish deeper if you try.
You can also post on the sturgeon board soliciting some help on ideas/techniques for sturgeon and I am sure you will get some help.

dartagnion007
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks alot guys I was hoping to hook up with someone who knew the area to take out on my boat this weekend as I just got it and was hoping to catch some fish to christen it. I will try those bait shops though thanks for the info everyone. Ed

Redwine
02-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Ed,

This weekend is salmon opener up in Mendocino/Fort Bragg.

The weather calls for:
.SAT...N WIND 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 10 TO 11 FT AT 17 SECONDS

Redwine~

dartagnion007
02-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks I think i will wait till salmon season opens up here for salmon but I appreciate the info I have never salmon fished hoping to meet some experienced salmon fishers before it opens to take mesank out there on my boat. Th