PDA

View Full Version : Lake Temescal in the Rain - Tuesday 04-10-2012

TroutGhost
04-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Only three other anglers this afternoon. I wanted to head out to Del Valle or Chabot but the weather kept me away. But around 1 it started to let up so I hit up Temescal. I set up on the leeward site of the lake which accounted for some strange hits. Everytime they hit the trout were moving toward the bank or from my right to left. This meant that I had to watch for the line going slack to know if I got a bite. I got four bites with one to box. The other ones I couldn't reel fast enough to keep the slack from developing and they were able to lose the hook.

Nevertheless a fun couple hours sitting in the drizzle and the rain breaking in a new rod and reel. Kind of nice actually to fish in the rain.

Landed a small white meat DFG planter. Breaded it with my special seasonings and flour and fried it up. On the menu for lunch tomorrow. :) I believe the ones that got away were also dinky planters, too. The birds of prey were catching them here and there.

I used an UL setup with two pound test mono. Really cool to flick a mouse tail and a split shot for yards and yards without even trying, hehe. Here are some pics:

thedeadone
04-11-2012, 06:45 AM
good job. sounds like a good day even if the fish didn't want to play nice.

Hookin_Up
04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Nice report. That's my local lake, but I've only gone there a couple times this year. Good luck if you go back.:smiley:

N.O Xpl()de
04-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Hey TroutGhost or anyone fishing this lake, how is the water clarity? I'm deciding if I should head over there or closer here.

TroutGhost
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
The water clarity is significantly better than it was just after the rains. Debris was gone, too. I took a walk around the lake around last Thursday and spotted three trout sitting in the shallows near the swim beach. Regretted I didn't have time to drop a line.

N.O Xpl()de
04-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Was informed by member FishingFail that the lake was just stocked with trout today.