PDA

View Full Version : South Fork American River?

ampm
04-11-2012, 09:12 AM
hey all, I had the pleasure of doing a raft trip from Camp Lotus down to Salmon Falls(?) the other day and saw a lot of fish hitting bugs on the surface, what a great area. Has anyone fished those parts? Like below Coloma down to Folsom?
I am planning to go try it out, but not sure what to take. I do have a crappy fly rod setup, besides that what is reccomended? Little spinners like Panther Martins or little Kastmasters or float/drift salmon eggs or what? thinking of starting there at Camp Lotus since its a little less pressue than around Coloma. Thanks for the tips, pm me is you want.

miwokfisher
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
the biggest fish ive seen come outta that stretch `of water was caught driftin a crawler 16# brown,panthers and about any other spinners are also good but my go to would be the crawler

CRABBY
04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
the biggest fish ive seen come outta that stretch `of water was caught driftin a crawler 16# brown,panthers and about any other spinners are also good but my go to would be the crawlerMiwok,any Idea if there are any special regs there now,barbless,etc.etc...Thanks....Don

CAL.NDN
04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
I've. Caught my biggest ones there on drifring crawlers. Panthers. Work to and salmon. Eggs. Anything west 49 is open. Year round. .

miwokfisher
04-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Miwok,any Idea if there are any special regs there now,barbless,etc.etc...Thanks....Don
that was a good question,one that i did not know the answer to so i just looked into it, untill the last saturday of april its artifitial and barbless only and the limit is 0

CRABBY
04-11-2012, 12:48 PM
that was a good question,one that i did not know the answer to so i just looked into it, untill the last saturday of april its artifitial and barbless only and the limit is 0Good Man Miwok,thanks for takin the time to ck.it out......Don

ampm
04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
thanks for the tips guys, I'll definitely be checking it out soon and report back. BTW...there's a class 3 rapids down there past the Gorge called 'Hospital Bend', aptly named...I'm looking for my size 12 New Balance, grey, right foot only if you guys find it..lol!!