PDA

View Full Version : Rio Visa 65"

fullmountain
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Found this video on youtube. Is it legal to bring in a stugeon that way?:woodcutter1rn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfidmWLvWWg

Seon
04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
No gaffing allowed in the Delta

Dog209
04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=fullmountain;863950]Found this video on youtube. Is it legal to bring in a stugeon that way?:woodcutter1rn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfidmWLvWWg[/QU

You cant do that in the Delta . What's happen if the fish are over size . Stupid people fishing with no brain . I hope one day FDG will caught them in action .
Good luck fishing .

CRABBY
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
OK I have a rookie Q for you guys,at what point is the sac.river in the RV area not considered part of the delta???

Seon
04-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Usually the Delta regs is applicable east of the the Carquinez (sp) bridge. I consider east of the Martinez/Benicia bridge the start of the Delta.

BIG_ONE
04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Is that some type of spear like gaff or something that they just lodged into the gill plate of the fish? Definitely not legal...

CRABBY
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Usually the Delta regs is applicable east of the the Carquinez (sp) bridge. I consider east of the Martinez/Benicia bridge the start of the Delta.Thanks Seon,I called Ronnie(reel fun) cuz he fishs out there a lot an you posted what he said,also he "Thinks"gaffing is illegal anywhere,I don't know so maybe Kao can answer that,it's always good to get this type of info out there for rookies like me...Thanks Guys.....Don

FishKiller 37
04-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Found this video on youtube. Is it legal to bring in a stugeon that way?:woodcutter1rn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfidmWLvWWg
Damn you would think that dfg would have seen this already and contacted this dude. I don't think your even allowed to posses a gaff on board in delta waters.

CRABBY
04-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Damn you would think that dfg would have seen this already and contacted this dude. I don't think your even allowed to posses a gaff on board in delta waters.No you can't,DFG reads this site (when it's up) maybe they can get him.......

Fishbucket
04-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Anybody on twitter? Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/OLFishing) or Facebook? Incredible Fishing Adventures (http://www.optimisticlifestyle.com/home/)

tweet his video with the regs. If him and his buddys are going to act like big time showmen with a website showing their exploits then I demand swift Justice. there is no excuse in not knowing.

I'll be reporting his video to DFG......

CRABBY
04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Good going Joe,burn em if he's a poacher.........Don

Fishbucket
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I dont think he's a poacher.... just isnt to concerned or lazy about the regs to know. If you're going to brag about what your doing.... do it RIGHT !

That and it just pisses me off to no end of them being braggards about their fishing exploits with a fancy Website plastered with facecrook, tiwitter and you-tube giving out the WRONG information... to everyone !

HastingsIsland
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Anyone have any luck getting DFG involved or at least aware of this dude? I nice fine will make him read the regs

Reel Fun
04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I was telling Don I thought that you could not gaff a Sturgeon at all?? Reguardless where you are? I am pretty sure gaffs are not allowed on your boat in the delta water at all? This guy (if he can be found) needs to learn the rules. What if that 65 incher was 66?? Not good!!!

RF

Reel Fun
04-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Here it is from the DFG's website....

(d) Methods of take: The sturgeon must voluntarily take the bait or lure in its mouth. No sturgeon may be taken by trolling, snagging or by the use of firearms. Sturgeon may not be gaffed, nor shall any person use any type of firearm to assist in landing or killing any sturgeon.

Fishbucket
04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Anyone have any luck getting DFG involved or at least aware of this dude?

I've got an email sent to the director... only email address I could find to link the guys website too.

If you go on his site ( use the link in my post above) he's got facecrook and twitter. maybe someone could link this post to him??. I dont care if DFG fines the guy... a crap in his pants will work just as well.

HastingsIsland
04-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Not sure how but one of us should record this on our phone and than upload it to the net or save it. To have some proof the comments on the video are flying already so it wont be long before the guy deletes it

HastingsIsland
04-12-2012, 09:17 PM
He posted this the guy from video, Not sure if its true
2.06. USE OF GAFFS.
No person shall possess or use a gaff in inland waters, except that a gaff three feet or less in length may be used to land legal-sized fish only by anglers fishing from a boat in the Sacramento River main stem below Deschutes Road Bridge

Update its in the DFG book that 2.06 but i watched the video to the end there doesn't seem to be a tag

HastingsIsland
04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Better yet look at the video to the end i don't see the tag on the Dino.

bretmoua
04-13-2012, 08:11 AM
What a nice looking fish! I hope to get out there one day for my first dino.

BIG_ONE
04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Better yet look at the video to the end i don't see the tag on the Dino.

I don't think we can argue anything upon tagging the fish at the end of the video. That's like saying we didn't see them record the fish they're releasing either. Upon saving a video, I'm not sure if its legal to do so and distribute the video out after its been deleted by its original owner off on YouTube. Anyone know any penal code law upon this? Don't get yourself in trouble...tight lines.

HastingsIsland
04-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Good point I'm still gunna do it just in case. Case later it gets brought up again. I'm sure that guy or guys are peeping around here anyways on the video it says as seen on fish sniffer website below the video time line. All this talk I'm heading to rio tomorrow to try and land one. So far 3 this year for me. 32, 36, & my keeper 60in.

38fitter
04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Kinda quick to call it a 65 Incher and then to be spot on just seems rather... Well you know.
What are the odds?
I've been sturgeon fishing over thirty years and not once can I recall my buddy's or I call out an inch measurement while we got one on the line.
On the line it's a shaker/baby, keeper or a beast.
F yeah's are normally thrown in there as well ;)

Fishbucket
04-13-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure if its legal to do so and distribute the video out after its been deleted by its original owner off on YouTube. .

I'm not a Lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn... But I think the only way you can get into trouble is if you're going to make money, blackmail or cause harm to their otherwise good character.
I dont think evidence of a crime fall under that.

BIG_ONE
04-14-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm not a Lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn... But I think the only way you can get into trouble is if you're going to make money, blackmail or cause harm to their otherwise good character. I dont think evidence of a crime fall under that. I see your point of view. But here's the problem, no one is allowed to exposed anything that the rightful owner does not give permission in the first place(except if its still up on YouTube). The rightful owner cannot be forced to provide evidence either and has the right to destroy any evidence upon his behalf. Any evidence that he chose to destroy, you may not brought it up back against him in court. But if he choose to leave the video up on YouTube in the mean time, then publicity can go anywhere it wants to. There's a case similar to this when a lawyer brought up private evidence in court and has gotten trouble for violating a personnel private rights. And the situation is that while in the police station, interviewing with law enforcement and then with a lawyer. The police station kept the camera rolling during his private conversation with the lawyer. Now this as to what I understand, your not allow to use his own evidence against him if he chose to destroy the evidence completely before court is in session. All other evidence and elsewhere must fall upon your behalf now...quoted by a judge in the Sacramento Superior Court(damn Jury Duty is a pain - but ok I'll leave it at that). Anyone else knows more about it, feel free to info us some more.

Fishbucket
04-14-2012, 03:21 PM
I hear your point ...

But i also have to ask, When a worker at the film developing lab sees something that is illegal and turns the pictures over to police... do they destroy it, or give the owner the time to destroy it?

CRABBY
04-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I hear your point ...

But i also have to ask, When a worker at the film developing lab sees something that is illegal and turns the pictures over to police... do they destroy it, or give the owner the time to destroy it?NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Many perverts are busted that way!!!!!!!!!.........Don

BIG_ONE
04-14-2012, 07:01 PM
I hear your point ...

But i also have to ask, When a worker at the film developing lab sees something that is illegal and turns the pictures over to police... do they destroy it, or give the owner the time to destroy it?

I know exactly what your saying. But the situation is that if the matter isn't taken care of before the video has been deleted off from YouTube, then it cannot be brought up in court. If the matter is taken care of before the owner of the video have taken it out from YouTube, then the evidence is legal. Know what I mean?...it's a tricky system here.

Reel Fun
04-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I think just letting DFG see the video is good enough....if they choose to keep an eye on this guy or have a little chit chat then thats good enough. We don't needs a lawyer......remember the saying.."Law don't go around here" LOL!!!! Of course all someone would have to do is call Cal-Tip and say they saw him gaff a Sturgeon and a Warden could then investagate it?

RF

Fishbucket
04-14-2012, 07:55 PM
We don't needs a lawyer..

I agree. We were just expanding the convo on legalities..

A chat with DFG would serve it's purpose. And I did send the link of the video to the Director of DFG.

HastingsIsland
04-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone get a email back yet saying we're looking into it or anything? I know i havent

Reel Fun
04-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Ummmm.....I have to know!!!

RF

sturgeon strangler
04-15-2012, 10:20 PM
definatly illegal i dont even thing you can have a gaff on your boat in the delta. i agree make a example out of this idiot:waffen093:

RideNfish
04-16-2012, 09:00 AM
I think he edited the vid. I didn't see any gaff. Just showed the fish coming along side the boat.

CRABBY
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
I think he edited the vid. I didn't see any gaff. Just showed the fish coming along side the boat.Doug is right somebody did a edit on the video,so unless someone saved the origanal all the evidence is gone,one of the guys buds must have warned him,Oh well we know who it is if that's any satisfaction,I think I've seen him on another board that caters to people like this,too bad......Don

Reel Fun
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Optimistic Law Breakers Baby!!!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!!! Big Dog Optimistic Law Breaking Lifestyle!!!!

RF

CRABBY
04-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Optimistic Law Breakers Baby!!!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!!! Big Dog Optimistic Law Breaking Lifestyle!!!!

RFRonnie I was hoping you had it saved,you must be getting old!!!!!!!!:cheesy:;);)........Don

goldcoastgreg
04-17-2012, 08:42 PM
no violations as I viewed, must have been edited. What really hurts is he just gave up one of my honey holes. Oh BTW the other side of the ferry kicks them out also.All the way up to the first channel marker on the other side.Very deep where he was,and also deep to left past the ferry GL guys:banana:

HastingsIsland
04-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I got emailed back from DFG and actually spoke to a Warden named Greg cool guy. Anyways i guess after multiple emails to them they have looked at the now edited video and well dont see the gaff being used. But he also said he believed one of the Wardens he spoke to did indeed see it & even saved it. He also said they have contacted the Guide. The Warden actually works the Rio Vista area and noticed the weather of when video was shot and the weather we've had and determined it was prolly caught in those few nice days in Feb. Well we tried kicking myself in ass for not recording the video as i suggested or thought i should before it was deleted or removed.:signs20ae: Least we tried

CRABBY
04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Hastings don't feel bad,I usually record an save everything that may be questioned later,I didn't this time,so be it,hopefully the warden you talked to really had a fellow warden tape it an they will go after the jerk.
Thanks to you an all our fellow Sniffers who helped on this mess......Don

Reel Fun
04-18-2012, 06:52 PM
If nothing else.....the guy knows now!!! I saw a guy at Vierras a couple months ago with a 72 incher hanging posing for pics!! I asked him how big it was? He said 6ft on the mark....not an inch over!! I told him the limit was 66 inches and he needed to tag it also. Well they threw that fish in the back of the jeep comanche so fast and got out of there in a hurry! So fast I could not get the plate.

RF

Fishbucket
04-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I remembered you telling us that when it happened.

HastingsIsland
04-18-2012, 09:26 PM
This is nuts there's a lot of foul stuff going on out there. Only a few actually get scene but those calls & emails to DFG help at least a bit maybe we see one of these on "Wild Justice" lol

Fishbucket
04-19-2012, 04:33 AM
I haven't heard anything back from my email... I must be too small for the Director to deal with..:cry:

HastingsIsland
04-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey Robert, My name is Greg Grinton and I am a Warden with the California Department of Fish and Game. I was forwarded the You Tube video that you had found. After further view of the video I do not see a gaff or here the subjects talk about a gaff. I am not sure if somehow they deleted that segment of video. Please let me know. I read the commits that were attached to the video on You Tube page. If that was your commit then you are correct, as per California Code of Regulations, Title 14 2.06,No person shall possess or use a gaff in inland waters, except that a gaff three feet or less in length may be used to land legal-sized fish only by anglers fishing from a boat in the Sacramento River main stem below Deschutes Road Bridge. I was wondering if you can give me a phone call, so I can asked you questions, pertaining to the video that you observed.
Thats the email he sent me & # so I actually talked to him to tell him about the editing. It sounds like the director passed the emails on to others to look at, I actually sent like 3 the same days lol so maybe they figured they better respond or else I'd blow up their inbox lmao