PDA

View Full Version : monterey 4-11

nayr
04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
So first of all if you are planning on fishing from a party boat around monterey this year, you need to check out the travelzoo website. They have an offer on there for randys sportishing trips for $45. The offer is only up through tomorrow, but the voucher is good all the way through September. So anyways this was my trip down to Monterey yesterday.

My brother and I were aboard the Chubasco and set out at 6am. We spent the day mooching for salmon with 17 or 18 guys on this 61 foot vessel, plenty of space to stretch out. The morning was slow with a fish here and there. At about 12:30 we had only 12 salmon in the boat, the Captain made a move to put another 13 in the boat in the last hour and a half of the day. There were many, many strikes that didnt stick for both myself and the others I could see around me. It was frustrating but kept the hope alive I guess. My brother was able to hook 3 and land 2, I only had one shot and landed that fish. We were back at the dock around 3:45.

punkuup5150
04-13-2012, 01:20 PM
im takeing the same charter this coming saturday. went rockfishing with them last year had a blast. to bad i didnt see that deal yesterday >_< the guys on the boat are top notch and the deck hand is awsome! i cant wait theres 5 of us going and should be a great trip

nayr
04-13-2012, 02:03 PM
yeah the crew was cool, and I regret not purchasing another voucher before they sold out.
Good luck out there tomorrow.

gone_hooken
04-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Sure was a blast even though I lost a pig at the boat buy Nayr dropped down n got him back.

slick88
04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I bought a $45 voucher but their weekends book up quickly.

They ended up selling 3600 of those vouchers.

bassman408
04-18-2012, 03:40 PM
I was able to grab a couple vouchers for that deal. Planning on going next Tuesday. Its my first time on a party boat for salmon...I'm guessing they don't troll with that many people, what type of setup were you guys using on the party boat? It says that tackle is not provided as part of the deal, so just curious what I should prep. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

nayr
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
i regret not buying more vouchers before they sold out. they mooch for salmon on those boats. you can buy a tackle kit from them which consists of a four ounce mooching weight and two six foot leaders with a barbless circle hook. they dont pin your baits for you like they do on the bay area boats, instead they just have you nose hook the anchovie like a live one. next time i will bring my own bait threader to fix up my own bait

slick88
04-18-2012, 09:29 PM
I was able to grab a couple vouchers for that deal. Planning on going next Tuesday. Its my first time on a party boat for salmon...I'm guessing they don't troll with that many people, what type of setup were you guys using on the party boat? It says that tackle is not provided as part of the deal, so just curious what I should prep. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

On the Monterey mooching trips, I've used the Sliding Sinker Mooching Rig with Circle hook pictured in the website below:

Salmon - Ocean (http://www.bayareafishing.com/salmon_o.htm)

Mooching Leader:

P-Line Fishing Line, Tackle and Accessories (http://www.p-line.com/product_detail.php?id=635)