PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Reservoir - 04-18-2012

TroutGhost
04-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Not a lot of catching and as adoboat mentioned in another thread, the rangers seemed not too hopeful about the bite. Nevertheless caught a nice looking though smaller trout. Nice day, but windy which made ultralight gear not viable. Fortunately I saw that 13 MPH winds were forecast for today so I left the UL gear at home. Fished a dock on the west side that was partially submerged so I had to jump and climb to get onto it.

Had the pleasure of sharing the dock with two other anglers who helped make a good day of fishing that much more enjoyable.

This was my first time fishing this lake and I have to say it's a very nice one. The facilities are very good and the staff there were quite pleasant and helpful. Going back to Lafayette soon. Thanks adoboat for the post yesterday that inspired me to go today! :)

Benzo
04-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the report and pic, atleast you didn't get skunked. I haven't caugut any on the 2 outings I had at Lafayette this year.

Not a lot of catching and as adoboat mentioned in another thread, the rangers seemed not too hopeful about the bite. Nevertheless caught a nice looking though smaller trout. Nice day, but windy which made ultralight gear not viable. Fortunately I saw that 13 MPH winds were forecast for today so I left the UL gear at home. Fished a dock on the west side that was partially submerged so I had to jump and climb to get onto it.

Had the pleasure of sharing the dock with two other anglers who helped make a good day of fishing that much more enjoyable.

This was my first time fishing this lake and I have to say it's a very nice one. The facilities are very good and the staff there were quite pleasant and helpful. Going back to Lafayette soon. Thanks adoboat for the post yesterday that inspired me to go today! :)

nerazzurri925
04-20-2012, 05:12 PM

Appreciate the update. That's kind of a bummer... DFG website said a plant was supposed to go in this week so I was hoping to take the kayak out there Sunday. Might opt for San Pablo Res now. What did you catch the little guy on?