PDA

View Full Version : Headed out from Moss Landing Sat

kris k
04-20-2012, 05:26 AM
We're planning to drop in at moss landing on Saturday. Wondering if a) anybody else is headed out and wants to partner up, and b) what area to head to
We will be launching at 530 and trolling from a 20
foot bay runner.
Thanks in advance!

SalmoClarki
04-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Bring lots of patience because its going to be busy. 49/00, 50/00 have been good

kris k
04-23-2012, 10:14 AM
What a beautiful day on the pacific! I've never seen such calm and clear conditions out there. No luck for us on our first ocean salmon trip though. We tried trolling apex and straight anchovy in a variety of locations from 4-8 nm out. Didn't se much happening in our area. Later heard that the majority of fish had pushed north to soquel hole and higher up. After pulling out in the early afternoon we headed to Santa Cruz harbor, relaunched and tried soquel hole. There wasn't a single boat on the water....or a single fish in the water..lol. Looking forward to trying again. Maby this Saturday I I'm lucky.

cp_amirault
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
What a beautiful day on the pacific! I've never seen such calm and clear conditions out there. No luck for us on our first ocean salmon trip though. We tried trolling apex and straight anchovy in a variety of locations from 4-8 nm out. Didn't se much happening in our area. Later heard that the majority of fish had pushed north to soquel hole and higher up. After pulling out in the early afternoon we headed to Santa Cruz harbor, relaunched and tried soquel hole. There wasn't a single boat on the water....or a single fish in the water..lol. Looking forward to trying again. Maby this Saturday I I'm lucky.
im heading out from moss landing on thursday. first time at it, let me know if you're doing the same. id love to follow someone who can "show me the ropes". Also ANY tips would be a big help