PDA

View Full Version : amador 4/21

IRISHANGLER01
04-23-2012, 07:45 AM
fished from about 6:30 til 4 in the afternoon for one fish about 4 lbs. and a 10" dfg planter. smallest fish I have seen come out of amador. threw woolybuggs again and nada. saw other people catching a few fish here and there, all good size fish going at least three lbs. Caught our fish on pink garlic power eggs on a sliding sinker rig about 25' out. Didnt see anyone really catching them shallow anymore plus the water is still a little stained. the other fish that I saw being caught were biting on either chartreuse or rainbow glitter pb.

RideNfish
04-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the report. It's a tough bite out there for sure. It's keeping me from going. Did you notice if the spillway was flowing good?

bankaroos
04-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Irishangler, Dee and I was at the first point by the dam corner from 6 to 10 this morning, caught 8 fish between us. White power eggs with orange power worms, 3 foot leader, water was warm so we cast out 10 to 15 yards.

RideNfish, Water level going down, not spilling anymore

I know you all love pics but not tech savvy.

RideNfish
04-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Irishangler, Dee and I was at the first point by the dam corner from 6 to 10 this morning, caught 8 fish between us. White power eggs with orange power worms, 3 foot leader, water was warm so we cast out 10 to 15 yards.

RideNfish, Water level going down, not spilling anymore

I know you all love pics but not tech savvy.

So your 3' leader means you were fishing off the bottom? And were they the nice size trout as opposed to the dfg stuff?
Thanks for the report!

bankaroos
04-24-2012, 08:20 AM
RideNFish, We both had one line on the bottom and the other we work the top;Kastmaster,woolybugger,panther-martins and powerbaits no love on top. We caught 1 apiece before the daily plant, caught the rest after. Smallest about 2lbs the rest between 3 to 4lbs.