PDA

View Full Version : ICR 4-21 ad 4-22

Jfitalia
04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
well after a promising PM from CC my girlfriend and I decided to take our 2 dogs up to do a little camping and fishing at ICR. We left Sacramento at 5:45am and started out drive up to the lake. We decided to stop by the bridge at the 88/89 crossing to check out the water and I noticed a guy fishing. I asked him if he caught anything and he said "no". I then asked him if he knew that the season is closed until next weekend? He replied "No, it opened last weekend on the 15th like it does every season" I laughed and said "No it opens next weekend like it does every year" "dont you think its odd your the ONLY guy fishing!" he quickly packed up and bolted. As for the water, it was high and very muddy and no fish could be seen.

We arrived at ICR right around 8am only to find about 6 cars all packed into that corner by the dam! I couldnt believe how packed it was for 8am, with all those shore guys, 4 float tubes and countless boats launching.... Judging by the way everyone was acting it didnt seem as if they were cayching anything. With all those guys pilled up there we decided to drive back down the road to the big cove before you hit the crowds and set up camp on that point. I set up the rods with a short leader with a 1/4oz sinker and bombed the first rod out. Within minutes I had a fish on and landed a nice full tailed 12incher http://www.imhooked.com/forumsyabb/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif From there it was fish on every 5 minutes or so till about 2 and then the wind really came up! Before the wind came up we landed about 15 fish and lost double that! Everything came on green, orange or rainbow PB, with the fish not liking GULP at all. I tried tossing lures and only got one fish to commit on a orange/silver cripple lure. I never saw one other shore guy catch a fish but I did notice 1 tuber land one right in front of us. Most of the fish on saturday were right around 12 inches however I did land a nice 15-16incher and I saw a few HUGE trout jump.

Sunday morning saw the same thing in regards to the crowds with people already at the dam by 630am. We only fished for an hour and a half and landed 5 all but 1 on the pb with the other on a KM and one last on a pink jig.

Overall it was a great trip and I cant wait to go back. I am hoping once the streams open it will take some pressure off the lake. Nothing better than having people troll righ over your lines!!! http://www.imhooked.com/forumsyabb/Templates/Forum/default/angry.gif Also if you decide to put your feet in the water becareful as my dog had a leech on her foot sat. I did see the Bald eagle on sunday morning when he grabbed a fish and landed on shore about 75yds away. I cant believe how HUGE those things are!!! I will get some pics up shortly as we just bought a nice new camera so these pictures came out great!

Jetspray
04-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Pretty cool on the ICR thing, I have had them "not like Gulp" as well, that is why I carry a variety of baits for different spots as well. Sounds like you and your GF had a great time with the catch and release thing though. Too bad that pre-fisher got under your skin, we see alot of them this time of year and they are ususally fishing close to their vehicle for a fast get away........Jetspray

Jfitalia
04-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Pretty cool on the ICR thing, I have had them "not like Gulp" as well, that is why I carry a variety of baits for different spots as well. Sounds like you and your GF had a great time with the catch and release thing though. Too bad that pre-fisher got under your skin, we see alot of them this time of year and they are ususally fishing close to their vehicle for a fast get away........Jetspray

Thanks jetspray. I look forward to getting the boat up there to target some of those monsters

B-RAN
04-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Haha ohhhh my, that guy was lucky f&g wasnt showing up before you.. ICR is an awesome lake.. Last year my buddies caght a 7lb rainbow and numerous 3-5lb cuts.

pcwa_guy
04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
AWESOME!!! Sounds like you did great!!!! Bring on the pictures!!!:Butthead:

buckman78
04-24-2012, 07:27 AM
cant wait for pics. nothing like a great day catching, and not only seeing a bald eagle, but seeing one take a fish is an awesome sight to see!

Jfitalia
04-24-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm trying to get the pics up today but this new camera needs a stupid sd card reader!

dpars
04-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Great report and great job. Thanks!

CRABBY
04-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Good going J,great post an yea the dummy was lucky it was you that caught him,lol.
Now like the rest I'm waiting for picks as you are currently in violation of our rules!!!!!Posts must have Pics!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::iagree:.............Don