PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot 4-25-2012

SniffenBass
04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Arrived at Indian Cove at 5:55 AM. No one had a single fish about 1 hour later i moved across from Indian Cove 1 hour passed still nothing for any of the anglers. I packed up and headed to Racoons Point. When i arrived their were no spots available 2 people had their limit out of id say 13 people + the limits were all 1/2 pounders, which is very disappointing. I then headed back towards the cove right before Racoons Point with the dock i stayed their for about an hour and a half i got 1 bite but missed the fish because i was setting up my second rod, i had turned and the bobber had just stopped bouncing. Then i headed for One more cove the guy next to me had one already and pulled another in when i got their. Then i went back to Indian Cove And no one had still caught fish 5 hours later. The derby is going on i had expected the fishing to be a lot better. All in all it seems Racoons Point is your best bet. Good Luck

Pictures Below -

N.O Xpl()de
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Arrived at Indian Cove at 5:55 AM. No one had a single fish about 1 hour later i moved across from Indian Cove 1 hour passed still nothing for any of the anglers. I packed up and headed to Racoons Point. When i arrived their were no spots available 2 people had their limit out of id say 13 people + the limits were all 1/2 pounders, which is very disappointing. I then headed back towards the cove right before Racoons Point with the dock i stayed their for about an hour and a half i got 1 bite but missed the fish because i was setting up my second rod, i had turned and the bobber had just stopped bouncing. Then i headed for One more cove the guy next to me had one already and pulled another in when i got their. Then i went back to Indian Cove And no one had still caught fish 5 hours later. The derby is going on i had expected the fishing to be a lot better. All in all it seems Racoons Point is your best bet. Good Luck

Pictures Below -

seems like you did a lot of moving around. That lake is too big, too long of a walk and I prefer fishing the other smaller lakes.

SniffenBass
04-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Some people say if you don't get a bite in 5 minutes move... i give it a bit more than 5 minutes. yea its pretty big i know the hot spots, but so does everyone else and you gotta get their at like 5am and be at the spot otherwise your not going to get the best spot which is usually racoons point, which is also like a 30 min walk if im not mistaken. I tried new spots because the derby is taking place but they didn't produce.