PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mcswain

SplitTailfisher
04-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Haven't been out to lake mcswain for a while. Got a chance to take a gentleman fishing, that used to take me as a boy, and his older son. Got to the lake about 800, first pole in the water in about 815. First thing i noticed, lots of boats, but, never one to be discouraged, set out to the right of the dock, and within a minute, already had one too the boat. Headed to the damn, handicapped dock, and fish on again. It was like this all day, by noon, we almost had our limit for three people. Gulp worms, and Berkeley trout worms trolled slow, were the ticket.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/Qaeliel/PhilNPhil001-1.jpg

RideNfish
04-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Do you know if any bank anglers were doing any good? If the fish are close enough to shore I can throw a water bobber a long ways and creep back in a trout worm. That is a fun way to catch them.

Thanks,

Marv
04-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Nice catch! That lake is were I caught the trout bug :) The trout at that lake are always catchable from the bank year round. I went camping there last july and killed them from the bank. Temps were in the high 90's too.

SplitTailfisher
05-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Everyone seemed to be catching fish, even though about noon, it was hot!!! I was ready to call it a day. There was quite a bit of traffic on the lake, but everyone seemed to be catching fish, best i've seen it in a while.

Splittailfisher