PDA

View Full Version : New Tags and License

bretmoua
05-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Anyone pick up their new tag and license yet? I got mine a couple weeks ago. Got mine for zone D7 and will be out to sight in my bow in the next month to get it ready for archery season. I'm already having buck fever and can't wait for archery opening season. I'm so pumped!

GUSANO
05-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Got the new license and I'm in on the "Draw" already. X7a, D6 and D3 choices for 1st tag. Also for two fundraising tags. My 2nd Deer tag will be for Zone A, I'm already scouting a couple areas .
~

bretmoua
05-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Got the new license and I'm in on the "Draw" already. X7a, D6 and D3 choices for 1st tag. Also for two fundraising tags. My 2nd Deer tag will be for Zone A, I'm already scouting a couple areas .
~

Awesome! I'm thinking of putting in for D6 as a drawing next year as well. I was thinking of both D6 spots for late buck hunt and an either sex hunt as my choices for 1st tag next year. But the chances of me getting it will be very very slim as I don't have any points at all. It's still worth a shot though.

GUSANO
05-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Luckily this isn't the state lottery where we have to compete against millions for the same prize. Just a few hundred thousand hunters who are also competing for different zones bringing the odds just a little lower. Still a long shot, but its a shot!
Good luck this coming season!
~

smithstation
05-15-2012, 09:35 AM
I bought my license, 1st and 2nd deer tags and elk application. Grand total was $120. That is rediculous!! I guess the state has to supplement somewhere and hitting the hunters up for more is no different. Just sucks none of the money goes back to the deer for habitat or winter ground improvement. Our herds will continue to decline until something is done to give them bettr breeding grounds and less predators.

outdoordude
05-19-2012, 06:09 AM
I hear you Smith my gf and I added it up and with deer, elk, bear, upland, duck and a couple of pigs over$350. not including a fishing license wow. and add a elk tag if drawn, wow.

smithstation
05-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I hear you Smith my gf and I added it up and with deer, elk, bear, upland, duck and a couple of pigs over$350. not including a fishing license wow. and add a elk tag if drawn, wow.

My wife tells me every year to dont hunt in CA and just go to Oregon or Idaho. cost would be about the same as I spend on tags and fuel here but I dont think I could not hunt all season long if I were here. CA just takes advantage of its people and natural resources. One of these days it will be so bad noone will want to hunt here. I just hope F&G wake up before it gets to that point. Good luck this year.

trout wrangler
05-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Yes I hear you, then try and add your two kids in also its definitely $$$. I have also been talking with other hunting buddies and we have started thinking and looking into hunting other states as well. I know a lot of people that are tired of paying that much and hunting hard and not even seeing any deer. Like you said Smithstation its hard when season comes around and you want to get out even if its for the day. Fortunately we have had success and a lot of great memories with the family. I'm still looking for some of those nice bucks that you seem to get Smithstation. Good luck to everyone with your draws.

bretmoua
05-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Aren't out of state license and tags more expensive for non residents?

BIG_ONE
05-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Aren't out of state license and tags more expensive for non residents?

Non state residents pays a lot more for tags and license. Works the same way for fishing.

WesternStriper
07-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Just bought mine. D6 for first tag.. Will decide the 2nd be at. A zone or D3-5? damn...
If I am seeing it right. Is the deer tag drop from 33 to 25 dollars? 2nd deer tag is only 29 $...

smithstation
07-31-2012, 10:28 AM
The higher cost for lics. and tags for hunting another state is a trade-off. Odds are better at harvisting an animal because of their game management. Thats really what it boils down to, how much are you willing to pay to be successful. I have been very blessed with private land to hunt but the average person hunting public land has little to no success on a consistant basis. I hunt D6, average success is 6% give or take. I have killed 2 bucks every year for the last 15 or so years on private ground. If I was hunting public ground I think I would average one buck every 5 years or so. The predators and habitat loss for our area will continue to pull the deer numbers down. If you pay the money to go to Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, or Texas your odds of harvesting are greatly improved because of their predator controll and habitat restoration. There are just more animals because they take better care of them. To some the price of success is worth it, for me I bust my butt keeping access to private ground and hunting it hard, letting the smaller bucks walk and waiting for a more mature buck. If money were not an option I would be in Texas, Idaho, or Utah every year!! From my personal perspective the mountain lions and bears are our largest predators and they need to be managed better before we will ever see our herd numbers start to improve. I urge everyone to buy a bear tag and do your part to help save a deers life!! ;) Good luck this season!!