PDA

View Full Version : is Lake Spaulding open?

Blasphemy
05-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Anyone know if spaulding is open , and/or any reports on fishing?

Thanks

Codger One
05-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I was wondering about this myself. I came across a site looking for the information and it said labor day through memorial day but im not sure how reliable that is. Id imagine the snow isnt a problem but they have to open the gate. Aside from the lake opening, does anyone know if there are lake trout in spaulding? i have come across a couple sources that say there are and some that say there arent... Anyone ever caught one there? Ive only landed rainbows and kings, and i know there are browns but id sure love to have a lake close by that i can get some mack fishing in and not have to drive very far. wishful thinking im sure...

BradL
05-01-2012, 09:27 AM
I was wondering about this myself. I came across a site looking for the information and it said labor day through memorial day but im not sure how reliable that is. Id imagine the snow isnt a problem but they have to open the gate. Aside from the lake opening, does anyone know if there are lake trout in spaulding? i have come across a couple sources that say there are and some that say there arent... Anyone ever caught one there? Ive only landed rainbows and kings, and i know there are browns but id sure love to have a lake close by that i can get some mack fishing in and not have to drive very far. wishful thinking im sure...

I dont think you will find any Macks. Browns and Bows for sure, they are great early in the season there from what i have read. It is full of panfish like bluegill as well in the summer.

pcwa_guy
05-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Now matter the weather it usually doen't open until the week before Memorial weekend. So its just a matter of waiting til then! Our tax dollars paid for that ramp but they act like it's theirs!!! :frakenstien:

JTroutMan
05-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I dont think you will find any Macks. Browns and Bows for sure, they are great early in the season there from what i have read. It is full of panfish like bluegill as well in the summer.
Spaulding has panfish?

pcwa_guy
05-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Spaulding has panfish?

Never got any of those, but the lake does have monster sqawfish! I've seen a few over 10#s come out there. I unfortunatly have been seeing a increase in smallies too. Both those fish put a dent on the trout fishery which isn't that great to begin with, because it does not get planted with trout. Some guys used to hold derbys there too, which I beleive hurt the trout fishery as well. :-(

BradL
05-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Spaulding has panfish?

Lots of bluegill that's for sure. I have been catching them since I was a cub scout haha

BradL
05-03-2012, 04:44 PM
the lake does have monster sqawfish! I've seen a few over 10#s come out there

Still havent caught one of those in 23 years of fishing this area. I almost want to target them for awhile.