PDA

View Full Version : slamador 5-2-12

CAL.NDN
05-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Miwokfisher randy an i went out today yes its the same field but a new game. We fished between the dam and the docks an boy was it on fire today we got triple limits 4-5-6 pounders an caught an relased a bunch of dfg planters randy keep 2 of the lil guys breeders oh an we even lit up the barbeque an hada few for lunch lol was a great day the tickets to success were from around 30 to 50 feet out rainbow garlic the got em on i got most mine with white single hook white power egg on tip green double glitter in middle an white egg on the top on the line. Water was like bath water so deeper was ticket. They all fought hard like we all love at slamador sorry cant do pics from phone hopefuly miwokfisher will add asap.

RideNfish
05-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Man I gotta get out there. I don't know if I can get out until Monday or Tue so hope the bite will last this long. Weather will be getting warmer.

Did you throw any lures of any kind with luck?

Cheers,

Richs70chevelle
05-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Good job out there it sure is a different game out there now, they seem to be a lot deeper now, got to love slamador.

buckman78
05-03-2012, 08:33 AM
dang, just as i was thinking of changing gears and heading up to the higher mountain lakes you guys go and do something like this! decisions decisisons!

either way, congrats to the triple limit and then some and figuring out the bite! at least with this little front coming through, they may prolong the daily plants.

CAL.NDN
05-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks an good luck if you head out. We threw bunch of lures no success for me miwok got one dfg on a crippler an one hit on kasty. I even went to docks to try crappie jigging for a min but no sucsess but if you put some worms there im shure they would come.

PapaGreg
05-03-2012, 02:09 PM
After reading calndn's report, decided to give Amador a shot. The $17.00 fee was harsh and I figured I better get a limit to justify the cost. First line in the water at 7:15, bank where calndn fished was occupied, so I headed across the dam and fished at the first pull-out, near some tules. No action for 45 minutes and I was going to move at 8:00, right at 8:00 my pole gets slammed and I have a MONSTER on! After 4 reel dragging runs, I begin to get the upper hand and start gaining ground, the MONSTER is coming in, albeit grudingly. Just as he nears shore, vroooooooooooommmmmmmm, he heads for the frikking tules. Alas, he manages to get in there and shake himself free.

Well, I decide to stay there and re-bait my line, I cast out and 10 minutes later it gets slammed again! This time there will be no frikking tules for this guy! After a 4-5 minute battle, a nice one is landed. Short story, ended with a NICE limit, 5 hours of fishing, which would have been 4, except for Mr. Tule. All fish came on PE/PW combo, no takers on PB, lures or night crawlers. The old guy in the lodge, Bob, told me to fish in 2-5 feet of water. ALL fish came off the bottom!!!!!!

Once again, BEWARE AND CAREFUL, two different parties fishing the rocks on the dam reported RATTLESNAKES!

redneckpunk
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Reports like that make me start trying to find an excuse to blow off my trip to Bodega this weekend and hit the lakes.

~RNP

RideNfish
05-03-2012, 02:33 PM
All fish came on PE/PW combo, no takers on PB, lures or night crawlers. The old guy in the lodge, Bob, told me to fish in 2-5 feet of water

Thanks for the report PG,
Could you tell me if you were casting way out or right next to shore? Many right now are talking deeper but with what Bob told you now I'm not sure.

Thank you,

CAL.NDN
05-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Good job papa!! Way to work it for a limit!!!!!!!!

CAL.NDN
05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the report PG,
Could you tell me if you were casting way out or right next to shore? Many right now are talking deeper but with what Bob told you now I'm not sure.

Thank you,

It all will deepened on weather if hot go a lil deeper if cooler they will come closer work two poles to your andvantage an find the zone on the bottom once you on it then i know how you love throwing hardware keep one on bottom in the zone an cast away with the other!!!!!

PapaGreg
05-03-2012, 05:31 PM
RnF, I was out 60 feet or so, I did try a crawler under a bobber about 4-5 feet for nada, same on the hardware. I've fished Amador on/off for over 35 years, (stayed away the past several years due to cost, riff-raff, garbage, etc.) and Bob always has the same advice! Anyway, everyone I talked to who had fish, got them off the bottom, except some guys in boats were anywhere from 10-25 feet down. Very few were jumping today and I did NOT see any schools cruising by.

bankaroos
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Calndn, how did they plant the fish when you were there. Just curious because When they planted Monday, they dump the fish across the lake from the spillway where the blue tube used to be, instead of the barge.

CAL.NDN
05-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Calndn, how did they plant the fish when you were there. Just curious because When they planted Monday, they dump the fish across the lake from the spillway where the blue tube used to be, instead of the barge.

You know how we r just like you always there at 6 to get a spot so i was there early an never seen them plant that day no sighns of stunned planters either so if they did i missed it or they went in back but i dont think they did.

redwood650
05-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Man I gotta get out there. I don't know if I can get out until Monday or Tue so hope the bite will last this long. Weather will be getting warmer.

Did you throw any lures of any kind with luck?

Cheers,

Lemme know if you end up going Monday. I plan on going monday. Fishing by yourself can be kinda boring when they aint biting :cool2:

miwokfisher
05-05-2012, 09:12 AM
sorry my internet is down so no pics yet,was good times though,garlic was my ticket,threw every lure in my box for only one small fish.

miwokfisher
05-05-2012, 06:39 PM
sorry my internet is down so no pics yet,was good times though,garlic was my ticket,threw every lure in my box for only one small fish.
sorry bout the pics i guess the smartphone is smarter than me:mind-blowing:

CAL.NDN
05-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Lol the pictures r upside down!!!!!

CAL.NDN
05-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Slamador treats get ready to soak in some brine. An me an wife's heading out she gona buy me a 7 rack new smoker!!!today gona be almost as good as sitting on the bank at a lake!!!! Life is good today....

Marv
05-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Sounds like your all set for a great day :bbq1:

CAL.NDN
05-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds like your all set for a great day :bbq1:

Heck ya my friend!!!!! Happy as a buzzard on a gut truck..

Chrome Seeker
05-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Went out today with my brother and the boat for 5hrs. Didn't see any boaters landed any fish but thought I saw a couple bankers land a few. We landed 5, biggest was 2.8lbs. All on Rapalas at about 10ft deep. The grubs didnt get touched. Through out every color grub I had, different depths, different speeds, etc. Overall, was a good day and surprisingly, not that busy. I was expecting a parking lot.:winkfs:

CAL.NDN
05-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Went out today with my brother and the boat for 5hrs. Didn't see any boaters landed any fish but thought I saw a couple bankers land a few. We landed 5, biggest was 2.8lbs. All on Rapalas at about 10ft deep. The grubs didnt get touched. Through out every color grub I had, different depths, different speeds, etc. Overall, was a good day and surprisingly, not that busy. I was expecting a parking lot.:winkfs:Good job glad you were able to get on the fish an on the lake!! Thanks for sharing...

CAL.NDN
05-07-2012, 07:13 PM
The smoker works great an the fish taste great!!!!!! It wasn't a 7 rack like i me n miwok thought it was when we looked at it last week. It has 6 shelves an only came with 3 racks but i will fabricate a couple more if need be. It held 10 fillet's of amador hawgs so it was realy roomy an real happy with it compared to my old smoke an grill that didnt hold enough. So verry happy and my belly is stuffed lol! !!!!!!!!!

GNappers
05-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Thank you for all the information and update. Heading out tomorrow with a bait rod, a rod with a castmaster, and the good old water bobber setup on the other. Will start under the cafe the move past the cafe to the cove I have fished or past the overflow. I know the only time I fished past the overflow it was hard to find a trail and there was a lot of underwater debris. Ran out of smoked salmon so gotta try and get some salmon cousins tomorrow.

Chrome Seeker
05-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I would focus your efforts deep. Been there two days in a row in the boat and all of the fish have come from 13-17ft deep. Nothing has been touched on top, grubs, flys, rapals, etc. I have had all my luck with the Rapalas.

redwood650
05-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I was there from 10-4:30 on Monday the 7th and caught 3. They are real active by the lodge/dock area. Wish I would of gone over there earlier. Caught one right away at the spillway and then the other 2 at 3pm at the dock area.