PDA

View Full Version : Rollins, where's the reports people?

redneckpunk
05-07-2012, 10:22 AM
With the Collins Lake derby/camping trip behind us, and getting back last night from a weekend of camping at Bodega Dunes I'm already packing and preping the gear for this coming weekend at Rollins Lake. Problem is, Im not seeing any reports on here. Anyone been up there recently with anything to report or has the thought of all the lake lice kept people away? Not even sure how much real fishing I'm going to do but would be nice to hear something is being caught up there.

Friend of mine just picked up a real nice Tracker bass boat for a good deal but has never fished anything but ocean. So most fishing will be "training" days teaching him to read the FF, read structure, tie knots, etc.. This should be a sight as he has less patience than my 6yo niece and was more concerned this past weekend about getting his satelite radio installed in the boat than getting some basic tackle I told him he should pickup.

Anyway, any reports or tricks to catching at Rollins (without DR's) that youd like to share would be appreciated. My luck up there has been shotty at best.

~RNP

CRABBY
05-07-2012, 10:46 AM
RNP,with this weather the word is LICE,LICE an MORE LICE,no fishing reports anywhere I can find,you can try the coves an the points for bass,blue gill,etc from about 5:30 till 8 or 9 AM then the lice show up.Good Luck,bring lots of beer an corona for the GF,lol..........One tip is to ck.with wills bait an tackle in auburn,they get the most updated info on that place!!!!.......Don

redneckpunk
05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks Don. I learned last year how bad the lice can be after 10am. in the back of my mind I'm hoping my buddy doesnt have the patience required, esp at this lake, and will decide to just enjoy the weather. lol I'll be just as content doing some evening banking at freloader cove. But hey, what are friends for?

~RNP

yosemite
05-07-2012, 02:42 PM
I have not seen any lice this past week. The only thing that worked well was berkely powerbait atomic tubes in pink 1/32oz hung 4ft under a bober and everything was cought right on the mud line 12 ft from shore. Let me know next time your going and I will even show you where.