PDA

View Full Version : IVR - easy limits but nothing BIG

KokeNut
05-08-2012, 12:21 PM
My buddy and I went to IVR to do a little reconnaissance due to very few reports being posted and wondering about the water level. Had the boat inspected for mussels in Clearlake Oaks and off we went. The dirt/gravel road in was in pretty good shape and probably a little better than the last time. Only 1 boat there when we arrived. Set up camp and on the water by 4:00 PM. First fish within 15 minutes, nice EL rainbow which I released, because I was fishing for Kokes. Never found the Kokes, but had two limits of Bows - nothing over 1.8 lbs. We used Vance's gold dodgers w/ copper slammers, RMT watermelon dodger w/double glow pink spinners, Rapalas and the good old crawler. We were there on the BIG full moon which didn't help, so maybe the bigger fish are ready to play now. Didn't take any photos because they weren't worthy. Lake is in good shape, maybe down 10'-15', launching was easy, with big boats launching upon our departure. Till next time, see you on the water!! :rollingstones:

luckyraider
05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
My buddy and I went to IVR to do a little reconnaissance due to very few reports being posted and wondering about the water level. Had the boat inspected for mussels in Clearlake Oaks and off we went. The dirt/gravel road in was in pretty good shape and probably a little better than the last time. Only 1 boat there when we arrived. Set up camp and on the water by 4:00 PM. First fish within 15 minutes, nice EL rainbow which I released, because I was fishing for Kokes. Never found the Kokes, but had two limits of Bows - nothing over 1.8 lbs. We used Vance's gold dodgers w/ copper slammers, RMT watermelon dodger w/double glow pink spinners, Rapalas and the good old crawler. We were there on the BIG full moon which didn't help, so maybe the bigger fish are ready to play now. Didn't take any photos because they weren't worthy. Lake is in good shape, maybe down 10'-15', launching was easy, with big boats launching upon our departure. Till next time, see you on the water!! :rollingstones:

Thanx for the IVR update KokeNut. Ive been wondering when a report would show up. I live nearby so if the Kokes have any size to em, or the EL Rainbows, ill report it. Its a ways for most of you guys, so giving the fish one more year to grow will be well worth it. If they are ready now we can look forward to some great action. It looks like the numbers of Kokes planted in IVR was huge. The full moon does make that a tough lake though, ive had 1 fish days(kokes) a few times. This time of year the EL fish are very shallow, in the coves with the crappie there still are crappie. I would think so. So ill report on this board not the koke board. Thx again

KokeNut
05-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey Lucky,
I think kokes are still in IVR, just hard to find. I dropped a watermelon dodger with pink hoochie spinner down to 40' OTW and fish-on within 5 minutes, out in front of the dam. It was a small mouth bass - LOL. Tried again and caught a tree and lost my setup. Didn't try for them again. But, I bet if you put some time in the middle of the lake from the dam and went north you would find them. My buddy didn't want to fish for Kokes only Bows - so I gave it very little attention. Good fishing out there, I love that lake because of the light pressure. There is no problem at all launching any size boat, water is deep at the launch ramp.:fishhead: Jeff

bigwoody555
09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Keep up the great work Pucho! Lookin forward to you teachin me the ropes on Kokes up here on the Thunderbolt!