PDA

View Full Version : Tides for shark?

JB14
05-12-2012, 05:18 PM
What are the best tides for shark fishing in the bay? Is it like sturgeon where the big tides are better or is it like halibut where the less movement the better?

jerdh71
05-14-2012, 07:31 PM
I personally like smaller tides. It allows me to drift and use my smaller bass poles, even though anchoring up in a good current is usually a little better(more fish) but my biggest have been caught on smaller tides. This time of year I pay more attention to the wind, typically early on and early off. Good luck

nayr
05-14-2012, 08:14 PM
well for me most of my sharks come from shore fishing. my criteria is an incoming tide on a mud flat at night time. minimal wind is preferrable but not a neccessity. i need to go check things out this week now that you all started talking about it

EarlyFish
05-15-2012, 03:49 AM
What worked well for me in summer of 2011 is the starting point of incoming tide and starting point of outgoing tide. Flat tide seems to be best for catching batrays. Wind, I couldn't see how it plays a part. I landed countless sharks; leopards, hounds, and 6 sevengills, all on squid.