PDA

View Full Version : Salmon fishing on Friday the 11....

MVP
05-12-2012, 08:15 PM
So pops and I decided to hit the water to fish for salmon. After running into an open door while all the lights were off in house I figured if I am going to get beat up might as well let the fish try. So we arrived in Emeryville at 4:45 am amazingly. After paying our toll to get on the boat we were off on another adventure. I was determined not repeat my last experience out on the water (you know chumming and all). I was ready ...so I thought. So as we boarded the boat pop says to me "water looks a little choppy". I was thinking but couldn't say in front of my pops.... you have to fn kidding me. I thought we were fishing in the bay...little did I know that we definitely were not. As we get out side of the Golden Gate I start to feel the affects of the choppy water. Another couple of hours go by and we have yet to reach our fishing spot by this time the swells increased to about 5ft. At last fishing hole and I am still holding my composure. We get the signal to drop the lines in and within the first ten min I have a fish on! A brute at that and he takes off peeling line. I get him to the boat and he is just under twenty pounds. I can feel the excitement on the boat as I am baiting up to put my line back in the water. My line hits the water again I get my bait down to the depth and boom again fish on! This one was a little scrappy shaker that was quickly released to fight again. After that moment people all around the boat began catching fish although only four limits though. After another hour goes by I have another fish on a real fighter a quick turn by the captain and the fish is in the boat. By now the swells have in creased to about 10-12 ft. the guy next to me can no longer hold it in and throws up right next to me. Which did not help my situation at all. We made it back to the dock with out me throwing up once I was sooo proud, tired but proud. To top it off I won the jackpot (the fishing bet for the biggest fish).

FishFINattick
05-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Did you head north or south outside of the Gate?

MVP
05-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Did you head north or south outside of the Gate?

I am not really sure I know we just continued west for about 4 hours. I know the fish seem to be eating a lot of krill along with the chovies we were using to catch them on. A whole lot of fun though!