PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Reservior

hqly2001
05-18-2012, 09:00 AM
How's the action? Any good?

TroutGhost
05-20-2012, 01:09 AM
The fish sniffer newspaper has been reporting good bank action. Oddly, there have been virtually no reports posted online- either positive or negative. Either the newspaper is making things up or San Pablo anglers are afraid of encouraging more anglers.

hqly2001
05-21-2012, 10:55 AM
True... I used to be able to get a report or two on here. I'm not sure what happened after the system upgrade a while ago. It seems like only some people still venture on this board. Most have gone some where... but I don't know where. Just like the fishes... lol

TroutGhost
05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
I think anglers are holding back, afraid they're going to attract more people to the lake if they post about it.

ckennedy
05-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I think anglers are holding back, afraid they're going to attract more people to the lake if they post about it.

San Pable reservoir is never good anyway. Last year they planted like 9000 or 10000 pounds of trout and I went and along with other people there were barely any fish caught. The boat inspection people are jerks also. The people there are only after your money and the reports are false. I asked one guy how the report was and he replied "I don't know I'm not out there fishing." What anidiot. They need people who know the reports so people don't drive 1 hour like myself and pay their fees when they could go somewhere else.

CRABBY
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Only report I found was couple went to scow canyon or something like that caught several fish using white power eggs with diff. colored worms an white power mouse with sunrise egg.Bait fishing from a boat,no trolling action or bank action anyplace else....Don

TroutGhost
05-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Well, maybe one of us will have to go down there and take a looksee...

Vikkor
05-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Belated Report:

Fished SPR several times the last week of April until about a week ago. Happy to see the reservoir water level FULL!!! The fishing was steady and solid for the most part the times I went bank fishing there. The boats did OK too. The fish being caught were mostly 1/ 2 - 2 1/2 lbrs. with a few stringers having fish in the 5 to 8 lb. range. Oh, saw a Bald Eagle there one day which was pretty neat. I may give it another try before the water gets warm. Tight Lines!

eliasnasr
05-22-2012, 07:45 AM
I use to check up on the fishing report on regular basis but the new group that runs the concessions doesn't give one like thy used to. But I found that they do post a weekly report on facebook.

TroutGhost
05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Hey Elias thanks for the note about the Facebook Fishing Report! Here's the link San Pablo Reservoir - Outdoor Recreation - El Sobrante, CA | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/SanPabloReservoir)

Our last Trout plant of 1200 lbs. was performed on Friday May 18,2012.The Trout bite h...as been excellent and there have been a lot of good looking Trout being caught this week. The water temperature is about 65 degrees.