PDA

View Full Version : Amador 5-19/5-20

IRISHANGLER01
05-21-2012, 08:00 AM
fished amador both sat. and sun. caught fish both days. Saturday got to the lake at 5 a.m. If anyone doesn't know they don't open the gate until 5. Set up in my usual spot between the spillway and the dam with sliding sinker rig with a 4' leader and pink garlic power eggs. Took about two hours to get our first bite but then we caught one fish an hour it seemed like, give or take. Caught 6 small planters (small for amador) that were about a pound maybe a pound and a half.Then towards the afternoon I caught three nice fish one of them going right around 5 lbs. Then a 4 lber and about 20 min. later I caught another 3.5 lber maybe 4 that fought like crazy. Went back Sunday and had some what the same results except that the big fish came early in the morning and the small planters in the afternoon. First thing Sunday morning I caught a 5 lber within thirty min. of setting up. Then about a half hour later I caught another good fish just a little smaller than the first but it seem to fight harder. Had one more big un on for a few seconds and it spit the hook. Managed to catch the smaller plants through out the day. I know the fishing is getting slower at Amador but this past weekend it was pretty good for my father and I. We were there about three weeks ago and didn't do nearly as well. All fish were caught on the pink garlic power eggs on a 4' leader and we were casting out 25-30 yards off the bank.

RideNfish
05-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the report IA,
Good info. I always think I'm done with the lake for the trout season and then you throw this out hehe

lowery125
05-21-2012, 12:51 PM
was out there this weekendas well. bank fising was good about 30-40 feet off the bank. I was using anything green in color. caught a good 5lb and others ranging 1-3lbs. did some trolling for awhile they were 20-30 feet down. Talking to the people at the lake this was there last week planting, they are saying water tempt. is getting to warm to plant anymore.

IRISHANGLER01
05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
heard the same from the lady behind the counter that last Friday 5/18 was the last trout plant for the summer.

Chrome Seeker
05-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Was out there today and it was a tough bite for sure. Fish are heading down mariana trench but they are there to be caught. All were caught on the downrigger, 30+ ft deep. Good luck to everyone out there.

fishingguysf
05-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Very nice report. Congrats on catching those nice lunkers!!! I was there also on Saturday as stated in my posting and took all day to caught our limit. Maybe will try to squeeze in one for trip there, but it will need to be after Memorial Day. Heading up to the Sierras for the long weekend!!