PDA

View Full Version : Bear River Hgh 174

pned100
05-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I just drove over that stetch of river outside of Colfax and have to go back tomorrow for work to the are. Anybody know if that stretch of river is open to fishing below Rollins dam? Im having a hard time figuring it out in the regs...no suprise there...

dirty530
05-24-2012, 05:30 PM
I just drove over that stetch of river outside of Colfax and have to go back tomorrow for work to the are. Anybody know if that stretch of river is open to fishing below Rollins dam? Im having a hard time figuring it out in the regs...no suprise there...

Should be open to fishing, I've scoped out that spot and it looks pretty good. Good choice in fishing the river vs. the lake, WAAAY MORE FUN and if the water's at a decent level you'll always be able to catch something from the river. Good luck and report back on how you do!

CAL.NDN
05-24-2012, 08:28 PM
I looked it up two sets regs came up one setion is limit 5 maximum 14 inches other is 0 limits... not shure witch part you were looking into. Its always best do a lil homework if you dont know. Someone else can suggest that its ok but they wont be the one paying the ticket ...

pned100
05-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Well the way I read it- it sounded like I was good to go. I stopped in at a local place up there and asked around, concensus was all a thumbs up after the last weekend in april into september. I ended up fishing for 2 hours right around the bridge area as far as I could hike into without poison oak overtaking everything...theres a lot of it there. Caugtht several trout and saw many more. I threw everything i had at them trying to find a winning combo. I tried float fishing with a multitude of baits as welll as throwing small spinners and castmasters- got both off the float. I had several chasers up to the bank that i couldnt get to commit! Great area and classis sierra stream fshing.

I am interested in getting my canoe out there and floating it down to grass valley, that river is so fricking sweet up there!

Denny1969
05-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Standard Sierra District rules apply for that section of the Bear since it was not listed specifically.