PDA

View Full Version : Spicer Res. 5/29

mak2782
05-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Had a great day at Spicer with my cousin on sunday. Arrived at the lake around 7:30 to find some patches of snow on the ground from a light dusting the previous day or two. The lake level was much lower than what I remember last year. Weather was beautiful for us, sunny all day, warming up from the mid 30's to 60's by days end.

Fishing was very good. Started off trolling rapalas, we were into fish right away. Caught many fish, let lots of small guys go and kept a few nice 14-16"ers. At about 1030-11 the bite cooled on the rapalas, decided to slow down and set some flashers with nightcrawlers. Before we even got our speed right, doubles on. That continued until we left around 2 pm with many doubles and lots of bites. Many many fish to boat, went home with a few nice ones for the grill. Cousin had a blast, reeled in tons of fish and was tired.

thanks for the help NoMore.

tight lines all.

insearchoffish
05-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Sounds like you guys had a blast! How fast were you trolling your rapalas? I dont think Im going fast enough in my kayak. Ive been wanting to get up to spicer, but so many awesome lakes not enough gas money.

mak2782
05-30-2012, 08:02 AM
Trolled the rapalas around 3 mph. I dont know if you can get a kayak up to that speed. For sure though you ought to be able to get around 1 mph to troll flashers or a dodger and a trailer.

pcwa_guy
05-30-2012, 05:46 PM
It's alway fun putting people on fish! Way to go.