PDA

View Full Version : I want to try pier fishin

loudjimmy
12-13-2006, 06:12 AM
I want to try fishin the bay... I don't have a boat that I care to go that far with either on land or water!

I'd like to get to a spot where I can either have elbow room on a pier or even a spot on the bank where I can set up my chair and relax with my coffee!

I'm happy with any of the small variety of saltwater yummies! Perch?

Any ideas? I live in sacramento and I'm open to suggestions! I have the gear, just be sure to warn me if I need barbless hooks or something crazy like DFG loves to pull!

"ONLY BLUE HATS ON WEDNESDAYS!" WTF? Thats the kind of stuff I expect to see in next years DFG handbook!

Anyway, I can't wait to give it a shot! Please offer ANY advice you can!! Is the SF municipal pier worth trying this time of year? Besides the cold... Should I bother?

Sin_Coast
12-13-2006, 01:17 PM
www.pierfishing.com

Big_Easy
12-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Try either Eckley Pier in Crockett or Point San Pablo pier for a relaxing day and possibly catch a fish or two. Stripers and Sturgeon! ;)

loudjimmy
12-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Hey good site!!!

I like that! THANKS!

www.pierfishing.com

loudjimmy
12-14-2006, 02:57 AM
I will try if it isnt too darn far hehehe

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

Try either Eckley Pier in Crockett or Point San Pablo pier for a relaxing day and possibly catch a fish or two. Stripers and Sturgeon! ;)

pinfish
12-14-2006, 08:29 AM
also berkeley pier for perch. limit 5 of one kind, 10 total mixed species. 2 rods/person. 3 hooks per line. worms, mussels, sabiki (3 hooks).

antioch pier and rio vista pier are closer to you

loudjimmy
12-14-2006, 10:28 AM
MAN! This message board is great for the kind of information a guy wants without having to sift through tons of crap I dont care about!

Thanks!

I didnt know rio vista had a pier!!! I looked up the antioch pier and it looks like a great place to fish! Even the satellite photos look good!

also berkeley pier for perch. limit 5 of one kind, 10 total mixed species. 2 rods/person. 3 hooks per line. worms, mussels, sabiki (3 hooks).

antioch pier and rio vista pier are closer to you

Big_Easy
12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Sorry about the Mis-information LoudJimmy! Not Point San Pablo it's actually Point Pinole that I directed you too! My scew-up! :-/ Comming from Sac take the Richmond Parkway exit and take it around until you get to Atlas road and make a right and you will run right into Point Pinole!

loudjimmy
12-14-2006, 05:27 PM
AWESOME, I'll check it out!!!

chances are I'll be addicted as long as I have elbow room!!!

thanks for the correction!!

Sorry about the Mis-information LoudJimmy! *Not Point San Pablo it's actually Point Pinole that I directed you too! *My scew-up! :-/ *Comming from Sac take the Richmond Parkway exit and take it around until you get to Atlas road and make a right and you will run right into Point Pinole!

gmdcdvm
12-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Fort Baker is a good spot for Perch either along the jetty or from the shore. Any time now they should be catching sand dabs from the pier as well. Once they show up I'll be out there (mainly weekdays). If you want to hook up let me know.
Gerry

loudjimmy
12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Sounds good!

I never mind the drive as long as I catch something I can eat :)

or brag about!

Fort Baker is a good spot for Perch either along the jetty or from the shore. Any time now they should be catching sand dabs from the pier as well. Once they show up I'll be out there (mainly weekdays). If you want to hook up let me know.
Gerry

lomenop
12-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Point Pinole pier, a really clean and nice pier) is a REALLY long walk from the parking lot($5) to the pier(30 mins or so). If you decide to go there, go when the shuttle is running or take a bike. Shuttle runs from 7:30am to 3pm I think. Last time I was there(last weekend), lots of good sized king fish were hitting.