PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Meadows Rainbows and Whitecaps

ampm
06-03-2012, 05:39 PM
well, its exactly 2 hours from front door to the water, not counting the stop for gas in truckee..so up at 4:30, make coffee hit the water at 7:00, I know I should have been there at sunrise...anyway, the lake is beautiful right now full and clear, first fish on at 7:30. All told 9 rainbows, all c&r, a mix of nightcrawlers and pb..all about 12-14'' w/ beautiful colors. Fishing abt 15-20 ft deep. Wind kicks up abt 10:30 and man, I ain't lying...we used to surf smaller waves than these in South Texas. At times I'm wishing I had my surf rod lol!!
ok so I start to move at 12:00 because of the wind, and making trips to the car, of course i leave one rod in the water while I'm loading up and sure enuf, it gets hit...so I drag everything back down again haha. A couple boats come by catching nothing, in all I see 2 other people shore fishing and maybe 5 boats on the water.I bailed out at 2:00, did try one other spot, a cove away from the wind and had no hits. Dang, I love this lake!!

CHEY6714
06-03-2012, 06:45 PM
That was a great day full of very nice fish. Were on the lake were you fishing I have never been there but would love to go some time. What color pb did you use? how long of leader?

ampm
06-03-2012, 08:12 PM
That was a great day full of very nice fish. Were on the lake were you fishing I have never been there but would love to go some time. What color pb did you use? how long of leader?

CHEY..I was by Pass Creek Campground, between boat launch and the dam. I think any kind of pb will work there but have sometimes had the best bites off the red stuff(?), weird. Rainbow Garlic is good too. I switch up the leader length until I find what's working, on this day it was abt 2-3' long. Prepare to lose some gear too as your stuff will get caught on the rocks at least a couple times.