PDA

View Full Version : Amador 6-2-12

CHEY6714
06-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Got to the lake at 5:30am. Went to my usual spot on the dam near the Cafe. Wasn't there for 10 minutes and hooked up with a fish I never saw but felt really big. Eventually I think my line rubbed a branch or something in the water and broke. Ended up staying there until 2pm and landed 5 trout 2 lunkers(4.4 & 4.9 lb) and 3 average fish. All fish caught on garlic powerbait with a 5' leader. There was hardly anyone fishing but those that were i did not see catch fish. The lake is growing lots of vegitation and water temp was 75 degrees I think trout fishing for me is going to move up the hill until salmon season on the river heats up.

CAL.NDN
06-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Good job looks like you have it down. Good choice for that lake.... yep i havent been in over a week an wont be back for trout till winter. But watch out kitty kitty i will be on my way asap...

49erbassman
06-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Is there enough area for decent Bank fishing at Amador? Been about 10 years but I don't remember there being that many areas for bank fisherman

RideNfish
06-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Is there enough area for decent Bank fishing at Amador? Been about 10 years but I don't remember there being that many areas for bank fisherman

Tons of room for banking. But trout should be done with the water temps until fall.

CAL.NDN
06-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Gezz look what the cat drug in where you been doug on vacation in the Bahamas or what!!!lol glad your back RNF.. alot of room but the water has turned there. Im shure there still deep but best when water temp is down.

49erbassman
06-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Thanks Guys.......I am on the hunt for Monster cat fish this summer and didn't realize this was in the trout forum at first