PDA

View Full Version : Bear River Reservoir Trout Derby

Team Mc Fishing
06-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Anyone here planning on heading up Hwy 88 this weekend for the trout derby?

We will be up there with part of our team as we are every year. If anyone is going, make sure you look for us on the water and don't hesitate to introduce yourself. We can even get us a Sniffer group photo to post showing how many of us made it up there.

Team Mc Fishing

Lifted
06-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I have the itch to get out of town this weekend, so I may head up there. However I've never been to Bear River Lake before, so does anyone have some advice? If I go I'll be fishing from the bank or renting a boat and topline trolling.

Team Mc Fishing
06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
We hear the lake is full this year and there will be fish plants for the derby. Bank fishing from right off the beach in front of the boat docks is always a good spot. Power bait and jumbo red worms are the 2 things that work well up there. Put the jumbo red worm under a bobber and they will hit that just as well as anything else you could throw out there. If you have a 2 rod stamp, run bait on one and throw out spinners and spoons from the bank and work them around your bobber, that will sometimes draw them into your bait offerings. Look for the Team Mc boat on the water and let us know who you are, we will be there!

Team Mc Fishing

CAL.NDN
06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Me an miwokfisher were gona go up but 55$ a head is a lil to expensive for bank fishing for me. But its probably better we didnt go so you all have a chance to win now lol!!!!!! :) :) :) good luck to everyone and have fun.

Team Mc Fishing
06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Its only $45 last I checked. They are planting fish this year, bigger ones the day before. Its a great way to help put money towards them planting larger fish in there too.

Team Mc Fishing

CAL.NDN
06-06-2012, 04:49 PM
When i checked monday it said 55$ and i agree it helps out with the fishing being better. An said they were planting some trophy,s . Hopefully its a good turn out. There is a great raffle and great prizes and 10 tagged fish with great prizes and one huge payout in clams for a lucky angler if caught... good luck. Fish eat be happy. Chris.

Team Mc Fishing
06-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I don't know anything about tagged fish. I have been doing this derby for years. That may be another location. I am talking about Bear River Reservoir Resort on Hwy 88. For more info, www.bearrivercampground.com Or call 209-295-4868 I have already filled out my entry form for the $45 and the total prize money is $1,000 $700 for 1st place $200 for 2nd place $100 for 3rd place

Team Mc Fishing

CAL.NDN
06-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I went on bear river resort rainbow trout dirby page thats the info i got. I will try try the link you gave me see what it says. Thanks agin...

CAL.NDN
06-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Ooops!!!!! Thank you i stand corrected i had googled bear river lake rainbow trout derby. An clicked on the wrong link i clicked big bear trout derby thats the one i was giving info from. Lol big time mistake sorry

soarwitheagles
06-06-2012, 11:55 PM
My wife and I plan on being there. It will be our first fish derby and we hope to have lots of fun and meet lots of new friends!

See ya there!

Soar