PDA

View Full Version : Ca. deer tag draw is up...

K-15
06-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Good luck!...no luck for us..

trout wrangler
06-15-2012, 12:23 PM
My son did not draw anything this year and I drew a X3A, Can't wait.

outdoordude
06-16-2012, 06:30 AM
no luck for my gf and I D3-5 no elk

tennesseemike
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Good luck!...no luck for us..

Wife and I drew X1, never hunted there before. Anyone have experience in this zone?

shasta_steve
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Wife and I drew X1, never hunted there before. Anyone have experience in this zone?

I grew up hunting it but it has been quite a few years now. We used to hunt mainly around Tionesta. It used to be really good especially if you got some early storm. Lots of my buddies that bowhunt go up out of Pondosa and I used to hunt there quite a lot too. There is also a place called Muck Valley that I believe used to be in X4 but by the map it is in X1 now. We killed lots of deer there when I was a kid.

I have not hunted much in that area for about 15 years and much has changed. I lived on the coast for several years and then was down in the Desert for several more. I just started to apply for my tags again last year and it was another C tag for me. I think I will just take my point but I don't think I will hunt this year.

tennesseemike
08-10-2012, 08:59 AM
I grew up hunting it but it has been quite a few years now. We used to hunt mainly around Tionesta. It used to be really good especially if you got some early storm. Lots of my buddies that bowhunt go up out of Pondosa and I used to hunt there quite a lot too. There is also a place called Muck Valley that I believe used to be in X4 but by the map it is in X1 now. We killed lots of deer there when I was a kid.

I have not hunted much in that area for about 15 years and much has changed. I lived on the coast for several years and then was down in the Desert for several more. I just started to apply for my tags again last year and it was another C tag for me. I think I will just take my point but I don't think I will hunt this year.

Thanks for the info....It will be a good starting point to scout.